PDA

View Full Version : Which Graco 6-Speed OpenTop Swing is best?

urquie
03-21-2004, 04:32 AM
Other than the fabric/pattern choice what important options should I consider? Thanks for any advice!

Lynnie
03-21-2004, 10:18 AM
hi there -

my son didn't really like the swing all that much, so my advice is second hand, but i was told by friends that having the toys on the tray was more important than having them hang over like a mobile. so that's what i got, and he did actually enjoy the steering wheel and things when he got older.

i think my swing had music, but we rarely played it since it didn't sound very pleasing to my ear - i just put on a nice cd. i did like having the different speed options, although i don't know if i used all 6, but again, he was a fisher price kick n play bouncy seat fan, not a swing fan, so maybe other moms really liked having 6 speeds.

so my advice, for what its worth is to find the cheapest one with the toys that can snap onto the tray part, in a pattern that you like.

urquie
03-22-2004, 07:55 PM
thanks for the advice!

justlearning
03-22-2004, 09:38 PM
FWIW, I compared the Graco swing to the FP acquarium swing and ended up getting the FP swing. We were so happy with the FP swing and thought it seemed like so much more swing for the money (and at the time, only about $10 more than the Graco). DS was able to use his FP swing for about 8 months (then he became too restless to be in it) but was already too big for our friend's Graco swing long before that.

jamsmu
03-22-2004, 11:05 PM
On the other hand, Carson didn't like the swing too much. But we had the toys and a mobile on it. He was so much more interested in the elephants on his mobile. He used the swing only until about 3 months, so he wasn't really old enough to play with the toys, but he did love staring at those elephants!