PDA

View Full Version : deciding between chico mamma or peg perego prima pappa high chair

jess_g
03-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Hi I just started feeding my baby (5 months old) baby food and would like to get him a nice high chair. He cannot situp on his own yet, so I need one that reclines. I am trying to decide between the Chicco Mamma with double tray and the peg perego prima pappa (also with 2 trays). This is my third child, but the first one that is getting all the fancy baby gear stuff. I have looked at both in the store and realy liked both of them. I am leaning toward the peg perego one because I like the leatherete fabric, but I want to pick one that works best with babies (say under 1). Wondering if anyone has looked at these 2 and made this descion. I think they are both great high chairs.

Thanks, Jessica.

JacksMommy
03-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Hi Jessica, I think that if you do a search on this, you will find all the feedback on these two chairs that you need! I never looked at the Peg, but I felt the Chicco Mamma was a waste of money. There are many lower-end highchairs that are just as nice or better...

HTH,
Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02

Momof3Labs
03-22-2004, 03:59 PM
I have a PP and also feel that there are many lower-end highchairs that are just as nice or nicer!! Agree about searching for feedback - there have been several threads about these high chairs in the last few months.

Lynnie
03-22-2004, 04:15 PM
i have an older prima pappa that i got from a friend, and i actually like my sister's fisher price healthy deluxe something or other much better - it fits smaller babies better. my son was swimming in the highchair when we first put him in it - the tray came up to his chin almost.

of course by the time he could feed himself, he fit a little better.

you could consider a cheaper model, and then save for a kinderzeat... wouldn't be that long of a wait.

but if you are going to splurge on a high chair, go for it ! you may just want to bring your baby to a store and actually put him in the high chairs to see which one fits him better.

jamsmu
03-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Jessica,

I don't have either, I have an evenflo. But a friend who has the PP was watching me feed DS the other day and thought it was the PP. We both have the gingham fabric. Apparently, they are practically the same, and the evenflo was only a fraction of the PP price.

When dh and I were shopping for our registry, I remember the mgr. of BRU showing us the PP. Neither he nor dh could collapse the PP, but they could collapse the evenflo, so we went with that since they were so similar. Doesn't have the leatherette fabric, but everything else was so similar.

HTH

beckyr88
03-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Jessica, I don't know about the PP, but I have the Chicco Mamma and hate it. There is so much space between the tray and DD --more food is on the floor and chair than anything else. She has tons of room and is comfy, but when she sits against the back of the chair, there is a good 4 inches at least for crud to fall! Aarg!

HTH!

kacers
03-23-2004, 09:38 AM
I have the PP in the black leatherete with 2 trays and love it.

I actually have two of these high chairs. I am using one and the other is new in the box. I received 2 and am unable to return one. I will sell the new one in the box at a significant discount if anyone is interested.