PDA

View Full Version : Portable Swing

junkybird
03-23-2004, 08:07 PM
I will be a first time Momma around June 10th. We don't have much space at our house, and I also do not want a bunch of "stuff" cluttering up our house. I thought that I could get one of those travel/portable swings to use instead of a huge one. Does anybody have any feedback as to which one I should register for? Please help!

Jenn

caleymama
03-23-2004, 08:16 PM
We used the Fisher Price Take Along Swing as our only swing and it worked out fine for us. DD liked it, DH and I liked the portability, and if I had to purchase it again I would. We bought it for the same reasons you are interested. I think other swings like that one have come out since we used ours (fall 2002) and I don't know how the FP one stacks up agains them.

junkybird
03-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Okay, sorry, but I've got to ask. What in the world are all these abbreviations? DD, DH, etc. Can't exactly understand all these messages that I keep reading!! Can you fill me in?

HelenD
03-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Avoid at all costs the Graco Travel Lite Portable Swing.

You can see the one I'm talking about here:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-3/qid=1080146334/ref=sr_1_3/602-7152838-3391854?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B00008UA2B

You can also read the reviews on it there too.

I will concur w/ the reviewers there that say, "horrible" "waste of money" "unsafe", and "should be recalled".

JMHO. (Just my honest opinion)
YMMV. (Your mileage may vary)

Helen

JElaineB
03-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Here is a recent thread about abbreviations:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=60769&mesg_id=60769&listing_type=search

D = "Dear" or "darling" (usually, could mean other "D" words though!)
H = husband
D = daughter
S = son

DH = dear husband (referring to one's husband)
DD = dear daughter
DS = dear son

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Bonstr
03-24-2004, 05:17 PM
I have to agree that this is a TOTAL waste of money and I didn't pay for it! I got this as a shower gift. I thought it would be great because it wasn't too big...NOT! It stops swinging and at one point my baby was FACE DOWN to the floor. She flop’s forward on the swing all of the time now. I turned around one day and there she was... face down. I sent the swing over to my Mums house thinking she could get it to work and warned her about Abigail falling over. She doesn't listen to me too well. Same thing. I think I am going to take it to Target to get a refund or gift card. I don't have the box, but I think they will take it back. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who HATES this. I now use the Fisher Price Aquarium Cradle Swing... AWESOME!!! Kind of expensive, but well worth it!

Happy Thoughts and Warm Hugs!

Bonnie, Mommy to Abigail 10/29/03

Lucia
03-24-2004, 07:00 PM
We also used the Fischer Price portable swing and were very happy with it. It doesn't take up much room and was easy to move around the house (early on I would put it in the bathroom while I showered or move it into the kitchen when cooking,etc). Also great for taking out when visiting others or traveling. We never purchased the larger size swing because we (DS included) were all happy with the travel size. As with everything else, go and test out a few before making a final decision and always keep your reciept in case your little one just doesn't like it! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

HelenD
03-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Could you let me know if they take it back? Ours was barely used (DD screamed bloody murder in it) but I don't have the box.

TIA.

Helen