PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat colors

cmyk
03-24-2004, 03:58 PM
I've narrowed my color choices down to lilac, raspberry and lime green. I haven't seen the finishes IRL, so could anyone comment on the raspberry--is it a true, primary red? It looks more like a rosy pink to me.

What color do you have, and are you happy with it?

It's a tough decision when you're a graphic designer and love all colors! :)

Thanks,
Shelley

kalebsmama
03-24-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm having the same problem! I really like the colors, but haven't seen them IRL. I did see the raspberry (it was still in the box though) and it looked more pink-red. It seemed girly and I have red walls in my dining room so that ruled it out.

I am leaning towards the blueberry, but also like the orange and lime green. Someone commented once about still liking the funky colors in 5-10 years since the chair will be used for a long time. The colors might not match if you change your room decor. I'm hoping the blue will go with anything. I also don't think DH will go for the orange or green. Oh well!

Where are you getting yours? I was hoping a co-op would work out.

Good luck deciding!

Rachels
03-24-2004, 04:33 PM
We have the lime. It's cute, but VERY lime. Kermit lime. I can see getting tired of that over time-- I wish it were a little less intense.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

cmyk
03-25-2004, 12:18 AM
I may get mine at Babystyle, using the$10 off a $75 purchase and free shipping (code SPRINGBEST). I'm thinking about signing up for ebates to save an addtl. 6%. I missed the BabyCenter sale, but I called a customer service rep and he said that the Kinderzeats go on sale every few months. They rotate sale items; some months it is car seats, other months strollers, etc.

That's a good point about liking the funky colors in 5-10 years. Hmmm... I might have to reconsider the dark wood stain.

I agree that blueberry is a good choice should you change your room decor. Naturally, I have chosen probably the only color sofa that looks bad with blueberry--chocolate brown! (We have an open floor plan, and the chair will be near the sofa). I like green because it blends with lots of colors, especially other greens (our eyes are so used to seeing many hues of green in nature).

Oh well, maybe I'll mull it over until the BabyCenter sale. (I should really call them again to see what the selling price will be.) I'm great at shopping for baby gear until it gets to color, then I have to get DH to make that decision for me. :)

Shelley

zoethebeagle
03-25-2004, 01:06 AM
We have the lilac and I LOVE it!!! It is like a medium purple and it is so much fun. My mom made a purple plaid cushion to match and it looks great!

My thought on the color was this- the chair itself is very non-traditional and funky looking and it did not go with my table and chairs (dark wood) so instead of trying to make it match I decided to go with a fun color. I'm a mix and match person so I love it! Big thumbs up on the lilac!

Erika
Caleigh 9/11/01
Jaren 12/18/03

JacksMommy
03-25-2004, 01:52 PM
I have the cherry and it's beautiful, blends right in with my dark dining room furniture. The various colors are cool, though, and I'm hoping I won't regret not getting something funky. A friend has the raspberry and it's definitely not a true primary red, there is definitely some pink/coral in there although you'd still call it more red than pink. I think it would be fine for a boy or a girl, but if you have a lot of true red you're matching with, don't go with the raspberry.

BTW, I would be surprised if any co-op could beat the price you get at Safebeginnings with the coupon code (listed here a while back by another poster.) $159 is pretty darn good!

HTH,
Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02