PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a good swing - any recs?

Brenly
03-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Hello,

I registered for one of those Graco open-top 6-speed Gentle swings, but I noticed that my local Babies R Us discontinued it. I noticed the new Fisher-Price Link-a-doos swing and it looks nice.

This is all new to me, so I thought I would ask around and see what others recommended. I'd love to hear what other Mommies think.

Brenly

miki
03-28-2004, 03:06 PM
The Fisher Price Aquarium swing--it's the best! It was the only place my kid would nap during the day. She'd still be napping in it if we didn't have to pack it up in anticipation of moving. Now she's napping in a carseat in her crib.

The Review Mommy
04-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi Brenly,
Sorry but I disagree with the last recommendation. I've heard alot of terrible things about the Ocean Wonders Swing. When I first saw it at the store I ended up registering for it. I liked the Ocean Wonders line but I'm glad I checked BabiesRUs.com for reviews. I HIGHLY recommend reading their reviews! Also I'm featured at Amazon.com with listmania lists and book reviews. From one mother to another consider the Fisher Price Link-A-Doos line. You can't go wrong! Good luck!
-Rebekah (thereviewmommy)

votre_ami03
04-15-2004, 04:47 PM
I used the Graco 6 speed open top, in Clarion I think. Nolan likes his swing, but hoenestly, I think I could of saved myself $90 & done w/out it. I didn't use it all that much & now he is really too heavy for it at almost 9 mos.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

Brenly
04-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Rebekah,

I think you were responding to the Wen's recommendation of the Ocean Wonders Swing. I was asking about the Link-a-doos and any other recs. In any event, I decided on the Link-a-doos and have already received it as a gift. I hope it works for us.

By the way, I agree, the reviews on babiesrus.com are very helpful.

Brenly

quikeye
04-15-2004, 10:23 PM
I really like our ocean wonders swing as well. It's also the only place ds will nap during the day (except in arms!). It has a lot of different swing settings (the fastest one was amazing to help calm him during his super fussy first 8 weeks-- I read some swings aren't as fast & don't soothe as much), has lot of music/noise options (one is like white noise, which again was helpful during the fussy times), and can either swing forward or side to side. DS is in "love" with the mobile as well. I absolutely love it, since it gives him a chance to nap and I just like the aquarium line as well.

eta: whoa, i didn't notice this was an old thread :)