PDA

View Full Version : kettler-?'s

Samraelanelevi
03-30-2004, 09:05 PM
I just got the okay from dh to purchase one for my ds. He will turn 1 on April 19. I know that we won't get it in time for his actually birthday, but I am purchasing it from money he gets from Grandma and both great grandma's. Plus if I have to add a little that's fine.

SO my ?'s are which do you own or plan to buy, how old is your child and what accessories do you have or are you purchasing with this co-op?

I am considering the Jumbo (non air)with the seat belt, pushbar, foot rest and bell. My other thought is the Happy b/c how much will he use the dump bucket? Are the air tires worth the extra money?

TIA
Brenda

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-31-2004, 04:39 PM
Brenda,

I promised myself due to lack of time that if I organized another co-op I'd stay clear of questions regarding the trikes and reviews for it is very time consuming...

If you do a search then you will find much discussion about the tires...as far as if a child will use the dump feature I think that will vary per child. I know in my case that was a must to me for it adds a whole nother deminsion on the trike as what it can be used for.

Anyway since no one responded I thought I should...but this board is filled in the past few months with reviews and tons and tons of info on the Kettlers and just wanted to add that the tires have a few threads...

I really think both things you mention are personal choices though...
HTH!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

cchavez
03-31-2004, 04:51 PM
We got DS the Happy (regular tires), seat belt, foot rest and push bar. His b-day isn't until april 29th so we haven't used it yet. We didn't feel that DS would use the dump feature much. And a previous reviewer said the bell didn't sound that great. hth

MelissaTC
03-31-2004, 06:53 PM
I think the air tires are worth the extra money if your child will go off roading. We do not have a sidewalk here and our trike has seen its share of the mud already, despite DS not being able to pedal (he loves to push it!). We have the Air Happy with a seat belt, bell (another must have imo), push bar, and safety pad. While a foot rest would be nice, we have done great without it. Safety pad is another item that is not necessary and I do not think I would purchase it if I had to do it all over again.

vikivoly
04-01-2004, 01:55 AM
We have the Air Jumbo with seatbelt, bell, pushbar and footrest. DD is now 16 months, but has been using it since 13 months.

I like the dump bucket and think it is a personal choice. Even though I have a girl, I think the dump bucket is kind of boyish. It's way too early to tell whether she's going to take advantage of the dumpbucket yet. I imagine her using that more next year.

We use the trike on a gravel driveway, dirt paths and on side roads that do not have sidewalks. For us, the air tires were a must.