PDA

View Full Version : Pacifier clip question

papal
04-02-2004, 11:00 AM
The pacifier that dd uses does not have the little hook thing... is it still possible to get a pacifier clip or leash for it? I guess I don't understand what it will clip on to. Help! She keeps dropping it all over the place and it is driving me insane!
Here is a pic of the kind we have (except ours is an ugly red color.. go figure.. she refused all the cute pacis! :( )

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/3957.jpg

Thanks!

s_gosney
04-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Rashmi-
yes. The pacifier clip that we have has a little stretchy rubber ring that fits around the front part of the pacifier. I don't know. I can't explain it well, but the answer is yes. I bought it at walmart, so I'm sure most of them are like this. Too bad we never get to use ours...

Marisa6826
04-02-2004, 11:26 AM
It's a MAM paci, right?

You just need to get the MAM clips.

I've seen them at Target in the baby aisle.

-m

papal
04-02-2004, 12:03 PM
I can only use the MAM clips? I was hoping to get a cute beaded one... oh well! Thanks for the info anyway!

Marisa6826
04-02-2004, 12:09 PM
I think that unless you want to do a Martha :) and somehow figure out how attach the round ring that clips to the paci, you will have to do a prefab Mam one instead of the beaded ones.

FWIW, I have a ribbon one for Sophie (she uses Avent pacis). I think that she would have a hard time with the beaded ones. Especially when she sleeps on her belly - she'd be sleeping on the beads. Owwww.

We used to take the clip off when she slept, but then we realised that she would either lose the paci in her crib, or throw it through the slats and cry till we brought her another. Leaving the clip on resolved the issue.

-m

papal
04-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks Marisa.. did not think about the belly-poke aspect of the beaded clip....thanks for pointing that out.. i will stick to the ribbon version....dd just learnt to put the paci in her mouth (finally got her hand-eye coordination sorted out!) so this is very exciting for me!!

luvtoshop
04-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Hello! We use the Mam pacifiers and dd has the cute beaded paci holder from Hanna Anderson. She loves it! The length is great and she loves looking at it. We're on our second and need a third. We keep one on the car seat and I'd like to keep one on the stroller. I usually unclip it and transfer, but that's how I lost the first one.

All you have to do is take the plastic ring thing from a regular Mam paci holder and attach it to the beaded holder. Basically, you hook the regular beaded one onto the plastic thing (as if it's the pacifier) and then you're set. Very easy and you can have variety this way. We have many different types of holders and I just take the plastic rings off of the plain boring Mam holders. : )

Good luck!