PDA

View Full Version : CO-OP: Info on New Kettler Models--Brummi and Navigator

lisaCO
04-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Hey everyone...
Here is some info that I have gathered on two new Kettler models--Debbie just emailed me back to confirm that they *are* available for purchase in the co-op. Let me boil down what Debbie and Kettler have told me about both:

BRUMMI: http://www.kettlerusa.com/Out/
Debbie's Price (retail) $114 (w/discount) $74.10
Straight frame (like Junior and Blossom)
Auto Free Wheel
Jumbo-style Seat
Rubber Tires
Hand Brake
Seatbelt and pushbar included in price
...the rest you can see for yourself at the link above....

HKS NAVIGATOR: http://www.kettlerusa.com/page94.html
Debbie's Price (retail) $150 (w/discount) $97.50
S-Frame like the Happy
Happy-style seat
Dump Bucket like Jumbo :7
NEW suspension (look at the link above...) that allows Mom to steer the trike using the pushbar
Special pushbar included in price
Freewheeling Coaster Brake
Rubber Tires
NO seatbelt--add as a separate purchase.

(fyi, I think the info about the Navigator suspension is better at http://www.mytoybox.com/, but for some reason, I can't post a link direct to this model)

Now, I calculated these discounts myself...please let me know if anyone sees an error.

Edited to add "HKS" to the Navigator model. That should mean a 3 year warranty on the Brummi, lifetime for the Navigator...but I'll confirm this with Kettler and post later.

:7 Can you guess which model I'm buying?!? Finally, a dump-bucket for the tiny-tukus set!

Dcclerk
04-02-2004, 08:34 PM
I had sent an email asking if she would be selling the Navigator, also. Great to hear that she is, because that is definitely the one that we are getting. Hurray!

etwahl
04-02-2004, 08:53 PM
drats! wish i'd waited. the navigator sounds better than what we have. :( we have the air happy.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

DDowning
04-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Ack - you guys are killing me. Too many options on this Kettler stuff! But it does sound with the new suspension/steering control that the Navigator is going to work for my little guy after all.

gisele
04-03-2004, 01:32 AM
I have tried the Navigator in the store. It is a nice trike. If you are going to do a lot of pushing, this might be the one for you. There's no doubt that the Navigator pushes easier than the other models, because the back wheels move. It has the dump truck feature and the seat of the Happy model.

Chelsey333
04-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the info Lisa. Just an fyi for anyone interested in the Navigator and possibly the Brummi (not sure if she has this one in stock). Debbie doesn't have those in stock, so if you are hoping to get it earlier, it most likely won't happen. I was going to get the Navigator, seems like a great deal. But it definitely won't make it to my house for my son's Apr. 24th birthday, so I am going to get the jumbo instead (which still might not make it, but worth the chance).

lisaCO
04-03-2004, 06:43 PM
OOH...

I'd love to see one live! Can I ask where you saw yours, Gisele?

gisele
04-04-2004, 03:37 AM
There's a store called The Learning Center in Los Gatos, CA (south SF Bay Area). That's where I saw the trike. It's a very nice trike, and there's no doubt that it steers easier with the movable back wheels.

One thing that my husband noticed is that there does not seem to be a brake on this trike. We did not see one on the trike, and my husband thinks because the rear wheels move it might not be possible to put a brake on. I noticed that the description at mytoybox.com also doesn't list a brake. kettlerusa.com does, but I'm wondering if that is a typo because we didn't see one on the trike. For anyone getting a Navigator, I'd check and confirm this.

Since the trike is really for my son to pedal when he's older, I'm focusing on features for riding, not pushing. I'll probably not get the Navigator and get a Jumbo with a brake.

jec2
04-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to ask someone to share if they know 100% whether or not the Navigator has a brake or not.

Thanks

lisaCO
04-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi Juliet---

The Kettler rep stated that the Navigator does not have a hand brake, but instead has their 'patented freewheeling coaster brake'.

I can't say for sure what that means, but it sounds like an old-fashioned back-pedal brake on the front wheel that would accomodate the Auto Free Wheel feature. All the trikes I have been able to try out IRL have had the hand brake, so I'm afraid I can't be much more help with how it works.

tdwmom
04-05-2004, 12:17 PM
I am leaning toward the Navigator model. Does anyone know if you can use the footrest with this model? TIA

vpalmer
04-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Based on my research, yes, you can use the footrest. The Navigator uses the Auto Freewheeling feature, which is required to use the footrest.

Also on this website the footrest is listed as a feature of the Navigator Trike.

http://www.mytoybox.com/kettler.htm

HTH!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03