PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Pushbar?

jec2
04-03-2004, 01:49 AM
Hi,

Just wondering how important this feature is. I am assuming I'll need it for a 14 month old. However, at what age does the tike no longer need to be pushed? When do they learn to use the peddles? Are you glad you have it?

sugarsnappea
04-03-2004, 07:23 AM
JG learned to pedal right around 2 years old. We used the pushbar by itself for only a short while. However, for long rides, I still bring the pushbar along for when she gets tired.

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-03-2004, 11:54 AM
I have to say that if I didn't have my stroller bar (and assume a push bar is the same) that my trike really would be useless at this age...

I look forward to waht others have to say for I would love to hear the advice that you don't need one knowing it adds to price...but I know in my case this trike would never leave the garage if we didn't have it...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

jec2
04-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi, I just have another question about the pushbar. Since DS will need to be pushed around for almost a year, is it easy enough to do with the models you have? I am asking, because I am thinking about the Navigator, but don't know if I really "need" steerable rear wheels even though for a year it "might be" more helpful. I think someone made a good point that they are looking ahead at the child peddling and will forego the steerable wheels.

caleymama
04-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Just wanted to add that we recently got the Air Happy (not through Debbie ... just prior to the 2nd co-op ... oh well!) with the regular pushbar and even on our terribly uneven sidewalks it was easy to push. The pushbar was comfortable and it's adjustable. We also looked at the Navigator model and decided against it hoping that the non steerable rear wheels would steer okay. They do!

jec2
04-04-2004, 09:10 PM
that info helps.

papal
04-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Juliet..let me know what you decide on getting. i am getting overwhelmed with all the choices and will just get what you get. I trust your research!

stillplayswithbarbies
04-04-2004, 09:25 PM
It is like the difference between a fixed wheel and swivel wheel stroller. If you have ever pushed a jogging stroller you will have no trouble with the pushbar on the Happy or Jumbo.

You just push down on it a bit and move the front the way you want to go.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

jec2
04-04-2004, 09:47 PM
rashmi,

You are breaking your resolution! I am so proud of you ;)

I am still kinda toyong w/ the Navigator. However, I think I am getting the Jumbo, seatbelt, push bar, & footrest. I'll let you know when I fully commit.

Leela will LOVE her new hotrod. Too bad we live so far apart or we could take them for rides together!

papal
04-05-2004, 10:49 AM
LOL. No no.. i am not breaking my resolution.. i will get what you get when (and if) the next presale comes around. I have NO space to store this stuff in our tiny apartment!!!

I can just imagine Finn and Leela, holding hands and riding their trikes into the sunset... ahhhh... sweet picture.
In the background are two moms actually PUSHING those trikes but they are not visible in my mental picture).