PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Question: Tandem Insert - regular push Bar or strollerbar?

sc
04-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Does anyone have the tandem insert & regular push bar? Is it very hard to push with 2 kids on it? Is stroller bar necessary? It's so expensive ($39 after discount). But since dds are only 23m & 2ms maybe it's a good investment?

lisaCO
04-03-2004, 08:04 PM
I don't know, but I did find this snippet at: http://www.needak.com/toyacc.htm#ketsize If I understand this correctly--they recommend the stroller handle over the plain push bar. HTH

<<snip>>
(B) Limited time for Tandem Insert option and compatible Kettrikes!! A new design of the Air Jumbo (K8839090) has a different frame yet keeps the same Kettler part number as previous "S" frame version. Niether straight frame Air Jumbo K8839090 nor Air Happy K8848000 can fit a tandem insert. It uses the -900 pushbar and a stroller handle with adapter is now available. There are still other Kettrike models that will fit the tandem insert, see table above. If a tandem seat insert is important for your twins or siblings, get your choice of "S" frame trike now before selection is depleted. More Kettrikes will change over to a non- tandem compatible frame during 2003. It is recommended to use the optional universal Stroller Handle rather than a pushbar on a Kettrike tandem combination. Good news: There is an ample supply of tandem inserts for the future though there is an upcoming color change. Use our "Order/Browse" buttons for availability.
<<snip>>

sc
04-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Thank you so much for the link. It gives lots of info & answers to my other questions.

I was thinking last night (well, acturally I was thinking about the different models & accessaries ALL the time :-) ), maybe a stroller bar isn't really necessary because of the following reasons:

I have 4 kids, 9, 6, 2, and 7 wks. Before my 2yo dd learns how to pedal, I will either push her with the regular bar (without tandem insert) or have my 6yo ds sits/rides in the front. Though ds is mini size but maybe he's strong enough to ride without my assistance.

Once 2yo dd learns how to pedal, maybe she can give her baby sister a ride. I don'w really need a stroller bar to push both of them, I only need a regular bar to "help" her reducing the weight.
Right?

I'm buying either happy or navigator (both include regular pushbar).

More input from tandem insert owners? please help!

TIA.

Susan

toomanystrollers
04-05-2004, 10:37 PM
FWIW, I would skip the strollerbar (I have) and stick with the reg. old pushbar. I expected the strollerbar to be solid (like a stroller) but it has too much wiggle it to it and it's hard to keep pushing in a straight line - even with the handlebars locked.