PDA

View Full Version : LOL! We've had an invasion of the Little People

peanut4us
04-06-2004, 10:14 AM
So, for Sara's bday, we got her the LP garage and the bus... i had no idea grandma was gettting the barn and the farmer's market accessory or that aunti was getting the ark! Then at a garaage sale on sat, I found the doll house in mint condition with all the pieces for *drum roll* $1. How can you pass that up? So I stashed thta in a hiding place to give to sara sometime this summer.

It's just hysterical to go from having nothing of the lps to having the whole darn village!

votre_ami03
04-06-2004, 10:33 AM
I just bought the Ark this w/e for Nolan's 1st b-day (in July - lol). ;)

You will be over run by LP by Christmas!

Happy belated to Sara.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

stillplayswithbarbies
04-06-2004, 10:50 AM
I picked up some on sale after Christmas, and 4 more during the buy-one-get-one-free Toys R Us sale recently, and somehow some others found their way to my house. Most of them are "put up" until later, but she has the house and the garage and the dump truck and the minivan and the gas station already.

The other day, she was putting the mechanic in the baby's stroller. I don't think she quite gets the concept yet. :)

So, I had to laugh at you calling it an "invasion of Little People" since that is what we have been saying here too.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

khakismom
04-06-2004, 11:27 AM
LP are addictive. :) Excellent score on the house! Can't beat that!

I've actually cleared everything out of Kathleen's little playhouse--which is basically a little area we had built under the stairs in the basement--and moved the LP village in there, complete with the LP playmat and all the sets. I actually got 2 playmats because I knew our house would be overrun with them.

And I've got a closet in the guest room that my parents call Toys R Us, because it's full of toys purchased on sale to give to the kids. I've got the LP castle set up there, the playground, and stuff from the Zany Brainy GOB sale.

It's SO HARD to stop buying toys when they're such a good deal! :)

Jen in Chicago
04-06-2004, 11:38 AM
I can't wait for such an invasion! Growing up we had the garage, house, castle, Seasame Street... and I can't remember what else off the top of the top of my head. On "Snow Days" we made the living room into a city. Those were the days!