PDA

View Full Version : First Years Everywhere Rechargable 900 Mhz Monitor Product Review

jamsmu
04-07-2004, 07:31 PM
We received the First Years Everywhere Rechargable 900 Mhz Monitor for review and have used it for several weeks now.

The results of our testing are below:

Battery life: Good. It lasted a little under 24 hours before we had to put it back on the recharger to recharge. (Note: it shuts off with one quick beep when the battery dies. We missed it when we ere sleeping and woke up the next morning without a monitor)

Range: Great. No problems receiving from outside and inside. (even in basement)

Sound quality: Clarity is okay. I can hear the cries clearly, but when dh is talking, its a little muffled. It does not pick up every sound. Seems to focus on the voices.

Interference: Great. Never picked up neighbors (our houses are pretty close and there are babies all around us, we usually pick up neighbors reading stories with our FP Monitor.) Did cause a little bit of static on cell phone one time. When dh sends or receives an e-mail on blackberry, there's a clicking sound on the monitor.

Water Resistance: Excellent feature! The suction works well and the monitor is audible and visible during the shower. This feature also make it seem more durable.

General comments: We really like this monitor. It has wonderful features and is extremely durable. There was random and minimal interference. The waterproof feature is enough to convince me to continue using it--great for showering and for gardening. The only drawback is that it does not have a "vibrating" feature. DH is partially hearing impaired and enjoyed our other monitor for this reason. I recommend the monitor for anyone who needs a durable, quality monitor that offers the water-resistent feature. I will continue using this monitor, and DH is going to use the other for when he needs it.

Many thanks to the Fields for allowing us to participate in this research. We hope to help again!

PS Thanks momtoemma for the format!

ET change battery life info.