PDA

View Full Version : Which push bar to get for Kettler?

kensjen
04-09-2004, 02:30 PM
I cannot decide which to buy, the stroller push bar or the regular push bar. I keep changing my mind!

My son is still small, so I will be using it this year, and probably next year too....not to mention any other children. ;) I am not too concerned with the cost, I just want to get something I will use and like to use, KWIM?

Can all of the Kettler owners give me some insight....especially those of you who have one or the other. Do you like it, so you use it, would you recommend it, etc....!

Thank you sooo much!

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Jen I have never ever used the single bar, I bought the stroller bar. I have never heard a complaint about the single one and have never heard anyone regret it's purchase.

With that said IN MY CASE I know I couldn't live without the stroller bar. I just don't think I'd enjoy using one hand to push something...but that is probably just me.

The downside is there is a pretty big cost difference between them, but you divide that by the amount of use and you might look at it different.

I know I've said nothing to help here infact probably confused you more...but if money doesn not seem to be the bother to you between the two you might want to look closely at the stroller bar...

But I highly suspect you will be thrilled either...
The stroller bar does come with a back pack thing attached...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

nathansmom
04-09-2004, 09:01 PM
I have the regular push bar. I have no problems with it. I've been using the trike more as a stroller and I haven't had any problems with it. I recommend getting it.

COElizabeth
04-09-2004, 10:32 PM
I have the regular push bar, and both DH and I are happy with it. We haven't compared the stroller bar, but we have pushed DS in the trike for literally miles at a time and not had any difficulty with the push bar. DH actually prefers it to the Pliko handles!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

stillplayswithbarbies
04-09-2004, 11:42 PM
I have the regular pushbar and have no trouble with it.

Unless there is somewhere you can go to try it out in person, you probably should just decide which one looks better to you and go with that. I've never heard anyone say they were unhappy with whichever they have.

I didn't like the looks of the stroller bar. I wanted this to look like a trike, not a stroller. And I wondered if a bigger toddler might object to the stroller bar when they are in the "I'm not a baby" stage.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kensjen
04-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am bumping this up, to see if anyone else has something to say. ;)

I still cannot decide!

toomanystrollers
04-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Jen,
I would skip the stroller bar and just get the regular pushbar. I expected the stroller bar to mimic what pushing a stroller is like - but it doesnt't. It's nearly impossible to push the Kettler in a straight line (with the front wheel locked) and IMO, there is too much sway and jiggle in the stroller bar.

I need to get my hands on a regular pushbar to compare.

HTH

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Pam mines jiggles and is not locked in place but I am wondering if there is something wrong with yours for I am definitly ables to push in a straight line, and the jiggle that I have is just that a jiggle but it does not cause any problems.

I only say this incase something is wrong on yours and you have something to compare it too...

I think Kettler would let you exchange it for a push bar if you shared how you feel about it...
I'd try...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

toomanystrollers
04-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks Neve :)
I'm sure part of the problem is trying to push 33 lbs. of fun (Shea) while he's trying to steer (even with the wheel locked) - mine just wants to veer to the right - I'll have dh take a look at it.

vikivoly
04-12-2004, 06:00 PM
I have the straight pushbar and am happy with it. I haven't really used the trike as a stroller though. If you are going to be going on long walks with it and cost is not an objection, the stroller bar would be nice. We mostly stay in our driveway (which is gravel) and the pushbar works fine for that.