PDA

View Full Version : Convince me to buy a kinderzeat!

Samraelanelevi
04-09-2004, 04:07 PM
I was hoping that I could find us a co-op or deal of some sort so then I could purchase one. The price just seems to high otherwise, but I keep coming back to them and wanting one. My youngest will be 1 on the 19th of this month, but I mostly think my 3 year old woul duse it right now-and the baby within a year. Will I want 2 then!? Yikes! DH pretty much doesn't care either way.

TIA

Brenda

mamaharsh
04-09-2004, 04:21 PM
We love ours! It was one of the best investments we've made as far as baby stuff goes. Our 2.5 year old has been sitting in his for about a year now. He seems very comfortable in it, can get on and off on his own, and definitely considers it his chair. I like that I can belt him in, as he's a wanderer otherwise. I've even sat on it a few times myself and it's relatively comfortable, even in the child mode rather than adult mode.

I got it at babyuniverse or babycenter I think. I know I got free shipping and I went through ebates.com so I got some percentage back.

Hope that helps.

Sara, mama to Nate (10/1) and Bubba 2 (EDD 11/04)

luvtoshop
04-09-2004, 04:26 PM
This post showed a great price. EVERYONE who has one loves it!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=12&topic_id=14918&mesg_id=14918&listing_type=search

It's on my list of things to get. : )

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-09-2004, 07:44 PM
I've been wanting a Kinderzeat but am now looking closely at those Kettler wooden high chairs...
I know little about them and keep saying I'll do a search on the internet to find a comparison...but I bet there is not one...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Samraelanelevi
04-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Neve

I tried to find out more about the Kettler ones and cannot find any reviews or comparisons. I wish I could. I too thought about the kettler version, but am leary since nobody knows much about them. Kinderzeat has a good rep and that means a lot when spending that kind of money. Well if you do find a comparison or purchase one let us know how you like it.

Brenda

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-09-2004, 10:03 PM
I will I promise!!!!
I suspect I won't find any comparisons either...but I just might take the gamble and get one. I normally would be all for the kinderzeat but since German made also I might take the gamble...but I do realize if I do it is just that A GAMBLE...so I might not....
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Momof3Labs
04-09-2004, 10:10 PM
www.hannaandersson.com carries the Kinderzeat and has a 20% off coupon right now (post on the layette board) - though I'm not sure how much shipping runs.

papal
04-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Yep.. here is the code : YX27146
Shipping is $10 but that still will make your total 200-40+10= 170. Not too shabby.

mjit
04-10-2004, 01:04 AM
We bought our Kinderzeat a little over a year ago for our then 1.5yo, since we had another baby on the way and needed the chair he was using as a swing (FP Swing n' Meals. Great product, but I digress). I stressed and stressed over it, and dh questioned the price, but we decided to spend the $$$ and have never regretted it for a second!

He started eating so much better from the first time he sat in it. I think the way most high chairs make him sit, sort of slumped, that he wasn't able to eat well, or he got uncomfortable before he was finished with his meal. In the Kinderzeat, he sits straight, and he's comfortable, and right up close to the table. He's loved it from the start. He learned to crawl up in the seat himself pretty quick, and I don't see any way for him to tip it over. The straps make it very secure. And I've pulled it up to use at my desk myself, still in the top position.

We got the teak colour. It's very high quality, and beautifully made. It was easy to put together, and seems like it will last forever. I just don't know what we're going to do when the baby needs it if Jude doesn't want to move to a big chair!

mj