PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the LT Sand and Water Table, need help on ...

Chelsey333
04-10-2004, 06:09 PM
For anyone that has this, please help me understand how this thing works. We put it together today and put it outside. I could not snap the water side into the sand side, my husband had to do it. Then when you close it, it unsnaps itself. That means that everytime I want to use it I have to have my dh put it together for me, does that make sense? He struggled a bit to get it to snap in. Maybe I am finding it hard to put together bec I am 8 mos. pregnant, but it seems like a big pain to me. Is there an easier way?

egoldber
04-10-2004, 08:07 PM
I agree, it is very hard to do. Also, if you are going to be leaving it outside, make sure you buy a tarp to put over it for when it rains. We left ours outside last summer and the inside of the table (inside the plastic) filled with water. I called LT to complain and they basically agreed with me it was a design flaw and tough! I am NOT happy with them about this!

HTH,

MinnieMouse
04-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Yup the snapping thing was a problem for us too last summer. BUT...it didn't seem as big of a deal to snap it after the first few times.

We had read a review on TRU's site about the leaking thing.... and got a BBQ grill cover (I can't remember what size dh got...it was for a round grill and it JUST fits). The BBQ grill cover works great and we've had no leaking problems whatsoever. Oh and FWIW, Beth LOVES her table. She's already asking to play with it...but it just hasn't quite been nice enough to permanently drag it out of storage.

HTH

Christine

ppshah
04-10-2004, 11:53 PM
It is b/c of this these problems (the snapping together difficulty and water getting inside the table.) that we chosse the step 2 sand and water table. The weather hasn't cooperated so DS hasn't used it yet -so can't really comment if that one works better.

Chelsey333
04-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I hope it does get easier to snap in place, bec right now it seems impossible for me to do. I will get a tarp or grill cover for it. It seems to me that they would have been smarter to put an extra leg or 2 on the water table part so that it could stand alone and not need to snap it into place every time.