PDA

View Full Version : Little People starting age

s7714
04-11-2004, 01:52 AM
At what age did your DD/DS actually start playing with their Little People and not just use the pieces as throwing practice? I'd love to start getting these things for DD, but I want to wait until she's a little closer to an age where she'll play with them. O.K., admittedly I'm probably going to have more fun playing with them than she will for a while, but what's a good starting age for these toys?

TIA,
Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

sarsah
04-11-2004, 07:39 AM
My DS#2 is 11 months old now and really likes the Little People school bus. He's actually pretty good about putting the people in and taking them out.
Part of his interest may be that the bus belongs to DS#1 (almost 4) and DS#2 wants to play with anything DS#1 is playing with. We have a ton of Little People toys and they get played with all the time. They are really a good toy investment and fun for mommies too!

Sarah........mom to Jason & Devin

Sarah1
04-11-2004, 02:35 PM
My DD is 17 mos, and she also LOVES the LP school bus (but she's more interested in the BUS than the little people!).

She got the LP farm for her 1st birthday, and she still hardly ever plays with it. She's just not that interested.

So, I'd say you might have a while yet before your DD is interested, but if you have room, there's certainly no harm in it! I would start with the school bus. She'd probably really like pushing it around.

JElaineB
04-11-2004, 02:51 PM
We got the bus and the farm when DS was a year old. He liked both of them right away. He liked to use the farm to make animal noises and liked the bus to make noises too. Now he plays a game with the farm door, where he shuts the door, DH or I put a small toy behind the door, we knock, and he opens the door, then piles the toy into a pile. He also like to move the bus around. He got the zoo and zoo train at 15 months but doesn't like those as much. He is scared of some of the zoo noises. He still plays with the farm the most. For Easter he just got the large firetruck that can drive across the room if you flip the lever down. He seems to like it so far, but hasn't played with it a whole lot yet.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

billysmommy
04-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Billy is 11 months old and has been playing with his baby farm animals for about 3-4 weeks now. He loves anything to do with animals so we just got him the ark for Easter. Well it's a HUGE hit and he has been found all day with 1 animal in his mouth and 1 in each hand crawling and walking all over the place. It is too funny to watch :) He can't make up his mind which he wants and is always changing them around. He also likes to put them in and take them out of the ark. :)

brubeck
04-11-2004, 09:23 PM
DD started being interested in LP around 17 or 18 months. She peaked in interest at about 34 months, but still plays with them. However now her playing is not so much with the sets but with the people themselves. She likes to pack them up in something (a box, a bag, a sock) and carry them around the house. DS got interested in them at about 10 months but I think that was DD's influence. He is loving them now (sets and vehicles too) at 16 months.

Roleysmom
04-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Roley was close to two when she really got into Little People. When she was 17 months, we got her the circus train but she wasn't really interested and she didn't play much with the zoo animals set (just the animals, not the actual zoo) that she received as a first birthday present. It wasn't until we got the Hannukah set that she really started to play with the Little People. That led me to get the Sweet Sounds house which she loves. I think the house and the Hannukah set (it's a family gathered around the dinner table) went over well because she can relate to them and act out stories more than she could with the individual animals and the train.

Paula-- mom to Roley Julia --01-04-02

darby24
04-12-2004, 03:05 AM
My nephew J is coming 2 and still could care less! The Easter bunny brought him a tube of LP and all he did was put them in his mouth! I do have a old LP farm that he loves, no animals/people. He just likes to open and close the barn doors while sticking his hand out and waving.

I'm thinking he just likes bigger toys that he can ride/sit on better than toys that require hand action. And of course it's better if the toy is NOT designed to ride/sit on! Makes it more fun!