PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat - $162 + free cushion!!!

sc
04-13-2004, 01:38 AM
BabyUniverse.com has the kinderzeat on sale for $180 + free cushion. Use coupon code AFFAPRIL for 10% off. Only natural & red(raspberry?) are available though. I have been doing lots of research & this is the BEST DEAL so far. I just ordered two.

Go through ebates.com & get another 7% rebate!

HTH someone!

Susan

jess_g
04-13-2004, 10:56 AM
thanks, I just ordered a red one too. It came to $170 including shipping. I should also get about $11 back through ebates.

I have been looking for a good deal to get one for a long time for my daughter. My son has one and loves it. He will not let anyone else sit in it, even for a minute and so he and his sister fight over it sometimes. Now I just need to buy that Britax Marathon and I will be all done baby shopping for a while.

Jessica.

Samraelanelevi
04-13-2004, 11:48 AM
That is a good deal! Has anyone seen the rasverry in real life? Is it a true red or more of a pinkish red? Thanks.

Brenda

sc
04-13-2004, 02:10 PM
I will say it's more of a true red.

Two of my local stores have the raspberry one for display. It's very beautiful but I didn't choose it b/c it does not match my other furnitures(antique honey & black). HTH!

Susan

mominma
04-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the information. I just bought a raspberry one!

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03

amyliv
04-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Susan, I just got one in natural, thank you so much for telling us about this. Amy

ginamlee
04-14-2004, 11:38 AM
I have one for my 6 year old but am thinking of getting another for my 12 year old. She can't sit still at the table, and I've read that these are supposed to help. My husband wants her to try out her brother's chair for a while before ordering one.

Does anyone know how long this sale is scheduled to last?

heytootsy
04-14-2004, 12:10 PM
I am so bad, but I can't pass up a deal. I orderd the red one. I couldn't find a picture to show the true color of the cushion, though.

sc
04-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Gina,

Sorry, I can't answer your question.

Since this is such s great deal, I'm thinking of ordering the third one for my 10 year old DS. But I'm not sure if he's too old for this. Would you please post again if you decided to buy one for your 12 year old? Thank you.

Susan

ginamlee
04-14-2004, 12:41 PM
It can hold 300 pounds. Check out these photos:
http://www.adoptionannouncements.com/ebay/kinderzeat6.jpg
http://www.adoptionannouncements.com/ebay/kinderzeat5.jpg

Samraelanelevi
04-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Here try tihs link it shows the salmon color.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/barebabies-store_1786_4700825

I hope it works.

Brenda

cimberdog
04-14-2004, 03:29 PM
I SO wanted to order this, but I didn't want the natural or raspberry so I ordered one in cherry from http://www.safebeginnings.com and used the group code HPW for 20% off. It doesn't include the cushion, but I got the right chair and it came to $179 including shipping. I think the chair itself was $152.

stillplayswithbarbies
04-14-2004, 04:43 PM
You can get a really cute cushion from IKEA for $9.99

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=33553&langId=-1&parentCats=10106*10196

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Samraelanelevi
04-14-2004, 05:27 PM
I may be doing the same. While the rasberry is okay, it wasn't even one of my top 3 choices. I know I don't want the natural-too boring for my taste. Plus do I really need the cushion? The salmon isn't that great of a color imo either-maybe if they had a coolk cushion then I could live with natural and a cushion. I really want the purple! Second choice is the blue and my third choice would be the black or cherry.

What are people's thoughts on the cushions? Do you think you will use it?

Brenda

tippy
04-15-2004, 01:23 AM
BUMMER! Just logged on to Baby Universe.com and it looks like the sale is over:-( . Oh well, I appreciate your post and next time maybe I will be a little quicker on the draw!

jess_g
04-15-2004, 07:33 AM
its still listed at babyuniverse.com. You need to look under

shop by brand

Stokke

Then you will see threee listing including the one with the free cushion for $179. Then you need to use the coupon for 10% off at check out. You can also use ebates for an extra 7$% off. This is what I did.

Jessica.

cimberdog
04-15-2004, 11:38 AM
I like the idea of a cushion, but I really think it will be more of a food trap than anything. It's washable, but I didn't LOVE any of the colors, either.

Samraelanelevi
04-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Well I broke down and ordered. I REALLY wanted a different color, but this was such a good deal and who knows if I'd ever find one like it again. So I ordered the rasberry-now I sure hope it doesn't look pink at all or dh will be upset b/c he said order natural if rasberry is pinkish. I opted to take the chance!

I went through ebates and I also opted for the "bill me later" to get the shipping free. So my total was $68.?? and then I get $6.95 back once I get accepted for the bill me later and another ebates refund so that makes the chair very cheap imo.

Thanks everyone.

Brenda

tippy
04-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Thanks Jessica! I will try again. Not sure what e-bates is but hopefully it will be obvious when I place my order.:-)

gisele
04-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks!

I just ordered one even though my son is only 11.5 months old! I tried to go through ebates - don't know if it will work. Ordered the natural color.

August Mom
04-16-2004, 02:25 PM
If you go to ebates.com you can register and if you shop one of the Ebates partner sites (they are listed on the ebates site), you will get a percentage back. You must visit Ebates and then go to the site where you want to purchase from there (or download Moe Moneymaker). Anyway, there are lots of participating sites and some give you a decent percentage back. PM me if you have any questions about it.

sc
04-16-2004, 09:07 PM
I ordered on Tuesday & got them today(Friday)! Super fast shipping.

I just went to IKEA earlier today to get the navy chair pads(suggested by PP). Well, the(free cushion) salmon color isn't my favorite but I can still "accept" it. :-)

Susan

tippy
04-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Thanks Much. Hopefully I can do this without bothering you!

nigele
04-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Susan,

Thanks so much for posting this! Tom currently uses a booster seat which is strapped to a kitchen chair. A couple of weeks ago, he managed to kick off the table and flip the chair (and himself) backwards onto the wood floor. It was REALLY scary since he hit his head really hard. Ever since, either DH or I sit with our foot holding his chair down during our meals, which is a real pain. I went ahead and ordered a Kinderzeat in hopes he won't be able to do this again!

heatonp
04-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Darn it....I missed this deal. I wanted natural anyway and don't care about the cushion color. I've subscribed to this thread so please update with deals on this thread.

Thanks in advance to all posters!

heatonp
04-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Hmmm.. are you saying that shipping is $27 (=179-152) ?!?! This makes shipping expensive but overall still a decent deal though.

cimberdog
04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
I bought mine through Safe Beginnings because I wanted a different color (cherry). I used that 20% off group code posted in another thread. Still a great deal at 20% off (without the cushion though), and the total came to $159 + shipping for the chair. I had it within 1 week and I wanted to reiterate what a GREAT GREAT chair this is! I LOVE IT and so does my son. It is SO well constructed and ergonomic for him. My son is 15 months old and sits in it perfectly fine.

So, if you are teetering on the edge of getting one either from BabyUniverse or another vendor and have some sort of percentage off, it's totally totally worth it IMO.

Kelli

sc
04-21-2004, 03:01 PM
>Hmmm.. are you saying that shipping is $27 (=179-152) ?!?!
>This makes shipping expensive but overall still a decent deal
>though.

I just checked BabyUniverse & the sale is over.

Original price for kinderzeat - $199
Original price for cushion - $29
BabyUniverse.com sale price for kinderzeat + free cushion - $180
After using 10% coupon code - $162 (kinderzeat + cushion)
Shipping is $7 (some people chose "bill me later" option to get free shipping)
So the total is $162 + $7 = $169 shipped

I'm not sure if the calculation answers your question

Susan

JacksMommy
04-21-2004, 04:04 PM
One other option is ordering from the Equipment Shop. I got a chair that had been returned by another customer and was therefore sold to me for $150 including free shipping. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the chair - the bonus for me is that it's a Tripp Trapp which is the European version which can use the baby bar so I can use the chair as a highchair for the one on the way. You have to call Equipment Shop directly as these chairs are not listed on their site. You can find the number at their site www.equipmentshop.com.

HTH,

Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/25/04

heatonp
04-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks for your response. Actually, I was referring to the safebeginings.com price with coupon code HPW (20% off) where they charge
160 plus about $19 for shipping.

cimberdog
04-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Yep I paid a lot for shipping but I compared to Babycenter.com with 10% off plus shipping and Safe Beginnings was still less expensive. I figure overall I saved about $30 so it was worth it to me. Here are a few pictures of the cherry:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4769.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4770.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4771.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4772.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4773.jpg

tippy
04-21-2004, 11:16 PM
HI,

What is "the baby bar"? Do you have a picture of it or is there a web site where I can view one? Thanks.

ginamlee
04-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Susan,

Just wanted to get back to you and let you know that, yes, I did order another chair for my 12 year old, Mariah. She didn't want to sit in Atticus' Kinderzeat during dinner, but I had her do it anyway. By the end of dinner she reluctantly admitted that, yes, she was much more comfortable in the Kinderzeat than in the regular dining chair. I showed her photos of adults in the chair, and she said that she would like one.

Mariah prefers to do her homework and the dining table. We adopted Mariah from Russia when she was almost 5 years old. As a result of the orphanage environment, she has some learning difficulties. Homework is hard enough for her to get through, and all her fidgiting and moving around can't be helping. I think making the Kinderzeat her "homework chair" will also be beneficial.

It's on the way via Fed Ex. We are anxious to receive it!

sc
04-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Gina,

Thank you for taking time answering my question.

I am a first generation immigrant & I have 4 kids too. I really respect people (like you) who adopts children from other countries.

May God bless you & your family.

Susan

JacksMommy
04-22-2004, 12:12 PM
You can find the Tripp Trapp on the Stokke website - you choose Europe instead of the USA, you will see what the baby bar looks like. The Tripp Trapp is the same as the Kinderzeat except that it has the slots for the bar. This version of the chair does not meet US safety standards, so that is something to be aware of. However, many of my friends in Europe speak quite highly of the chair. The Equipment Shop is the only place in the US that sells it (or at least, they did two months ago when I bought mine) because they cater to disabled children.

HTH,
Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/25/04

tippy
04-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks! France has a good group of pictures that show both chairs in lots of colors! It looks like the Tripp Trapp also has a higher back? Did yours come with the higher curved back or is it the straight back? I appreciate the feedback.

Teva

JacksMommy
04-23-2004, 12:47 PM
I think the higher back you are seeing on some of the Tripp Trapps must be a special thing you can purchase for little ones. My chair has a slight curve to the back but is the lower back that you see in the chairs bigger kids are sitting in. You might ask at Equipment Shop about the high back option.

ETA: I just saw a string about the Tripp Trapp in around the House, they give a link to a UK site where you can order the whole package for $250 shipped. You might want to look that up. I'm going to look into ordering a high-back for our chair to use for baby #2 (once things get a little more certain :))

Good luck!

Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/25/04

ginamlee
04-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Susan,
Thank you for the kind words. :) Mariah is a wonderful, happy, empathetic child and we are so happy to have her in our family.

tippy
04-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Hi Laurel,

I tried going to the "around the house" web site and looking for the link you were talking about in your post but didn't have any luck. Can you post a link for the site??? I'm curious what the whole package you mentioned includes. Hopefully I will be able to get to the site and see for myself. Your next babe is going to be born very close to my bday 12/27...Good Luck!:-)

JacksMommy
04-26-2004, 12:54 PM
The website is http://www.lullabys.co.uk/index.htm?tripp_trapp. I e-mailed them to find out about getting the high back only but they could not separate it from the the "baby package." Also, they mentioned that the Tripp Trapp was changed about a year ago and the baby package is incompatible with the old chair. I'm not sure how old mine is since it's a refurbished one from the Equipment Shop - oh well! I notice the E.S. sells the high back but only in Natural and at $84, it's a steep price. I guess I'll try to do without it.

That's cool we have similar due dates! So both our kids can be mad at us for having birthdays around the holidays. :)

HTH,

Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/25/04

tippy
04-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks again for the info. Actually, it's my birthday I was referring to. 12/27. We are not expecting yet but are going to start working on it as soon as AJ gives up the boob! I just visited Jacks homepage. HOW CUTE HE IS!!!! I am so in awe of you and others who actually know how to put a web page together. I am lucky if I can email a picture!

mominma
04-27-2004, 10:35 AM
It looks like BabyUniverse bought the remaining stock of Kinderzeats from FAO. On my package, there were 2 labels. It said #56 of 322 from FAO/RightStart. I am sure that is why they only had a limited color selection and a limited amount of seats at a special price.

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03

heatonp
04-27-2004, 01:30 PM
"...BabyUniverse bought the remaining stock of Kinderzeats from FAO/Right Start"

Very interesting. Now I know the $162 deal won't be coming back for a while (unless BU buys more from other potential bankrupt retailers). I can now stop waiting and buy elsewhere (either from safe beginings or hanna andersson using coupon codes provided on these boards).

heatonp
05-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Karen,

Do you have the IKEA SMASKIG highchair cushion? How well does it fit on your KinderZeat? If you can post or e-mail me a photo, that would be greatly appreciated!! :)

There is no IKEA store near me for me to take a look at the cushion for myself.

Thx,

Heaton

stillplayswithbarbies
05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't have a kinderzeat. But Zenbliss has this cushion for her kinderzeat and I recall her posting a pic of it somewhere here.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

tippy
05-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Hi,

I think this was response 12

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=33553&langId=-1&parentCats=10106

That should be the link to view the picture. If that doesn't work just go back to page 2 in this thread and click on the link. HTH

heatonp
05-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi Susan,

How do you find the IKEA highchair pad works with your Kinderzeat ? Does it fit reasonably well as of course they are designed for IKEA highchairs and not KinderZeat.

I understand you got the Navy blue pad. What colour is your KinderZeat ?

I ended up ordering a Cherry KinderZeat from Hanna Andersson for a total of $169.20. Can't wait to get it. I know my 25 month old will love it.

Thanks,

Heaton