PDA

View Full Version : Which monitor do you recommend?

allysonw
04-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi, we just received a FP Sound n Lights long range monitor. Does anyone have any feedback on this one and which monitor do you recommend? Thanks a bunch! This is our first and we are learning as we go!!

ghs517
04-13-2004, 10:02 PM
I have no feedback on the FP --sorry! Someone gifted us a First Years one that was static city. Now we have Sony Baby Call and it's wonderful -- 27 channels and a voice-activation mode.

HelenD
04-14-2004, 09:06 AM
We have the FP Sound n Lights long range monitor and my only complaint is that it's maybe a bit *too* good. You can hear EVERYTHING on it!

It would be the perfect monitor if it had the ability to recharge it's batteries. Other then that...it's a GREAT monitor IMHO.

Helen

Toba
04-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Another vote for the Sony Baby Call (27 channel). It is AWESOME and has a recharger for the receiver. We love it.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, 03/12/04

strike71
04-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know if you can buy an extra monitor for baby call?

amp
04-14-2004, 11:06 AM
We have the FP 900 mgh monitor and like it just fine.

janeybwild
04-14-2004, 03:24 PM
We have this FP monitor, and am afraid that we don't like it. We have an older brick house with plaster walls. Not sure if that is why is doesn't work so well for us. We get a constant hum, very annoying, even at the lowest volume setting, and almost always pick up some other baby crying in the neighbourhood (so on the plus side it is very sensitive!). Wouldn't buy it again in our situation. I actually wish I had bought a video monitor. Seemed hugely extravegant at the time, but would have saved us lots of accidental wakings of the baby when checking on her! HTH and good luck

1sweetpea
04-14-2004, 05:47 PM
I have the FP Sound n Lights monitor and HATE IT. It was great for the first 6 months...we could hear every breath. We have two receivers with our system...one of the monitors is still working fine, the other is complete garbage. We touch it, and the static starts!

We are actually looking into purchasing another monitor soon...we just can't deal with the static anymore!