PDA

View Full Version : I am having a Kettler brain-overload!

amyff
04-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Hate to be annoying but I don't frequent the "around the house" folder and I just read about the new trike pre-sale opportunity. I normally do my research and obsess about things like this for days but I am running out of time.

Today when I picked Ava up from daycare she cried because she didn't want to leave the trike she was playing with...I suppose this is a sign from above that she "needs" a Kettler. (Thanks so much to Neve and Debbie for allowing us to have the opportunity again).

However...ACCKKKK...I am just overwhelmed by all of the choices. I have read posts for the last hour and I feel like my brain is swimming. I know it is personal choice but here are our stats and info and if any of you have any insight or opinions...I would love it if you shared!
Ava is super tall for her age (over 34 inches at almost 16 months) but average weight.
We live on a paved road but it has a ton of loose gravel from winter.
Our driveway is not a "playing/trike riding driveway" because it is too steep.
She loves containers, baskets, and I am thinking 'dump truck'.

Any suggestions for trike and or accessories?

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Amy we have the jumbo air...and honest to goodness there is nothing else I could want...If you don't have time to research I really think this is a slam dunk trike...

The air tires are not needed...(from feedback) and thus you could add a tandem one day...

Just my input if you really don't have time to research that you can't go wrong with it...hope you hear back enough to help you...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

wagner36
04-14-2004, 09:31 PM
We ended up going with the Navigator. I spent WAY too much excruciating over the choice between the Navigator, Jumbo or Air Jumbo.

In the end, we went with the Navigator. DS loves to "vroom vroom" on his little ride-a-car, so we figured that the Navigator would allow us to drive him in circles and zig-zags on the sidewalks. If we were just planning to straight push, we would have gone with the Jumbo.

I got every accessory but the wire basket, just because I was too overwhelmed to make any further decisions. So, that means we got the seatbelt (a must), the footrest, the flag, the bell, and the handle pad.

JLiebCamm
04-14-2004, 11:04 PM
Just wanted to tell you that your DD and my DS share a birthday!!!

lukkykatt
04-14-2004, 11:05 PM
I too was paralyzed with indecision between the jumbo and navigator. I would have definitely got the navigator if it had the bigger seat. My DS is going to be 2 (how can that be???) so I ended up getting the jumbo because I thought it would have more longevity. Plus I got the pushbar and bell. Just ordered today - a deadline will always force a decision for me!!

713abc
04-15-2004, 10:50 AM
I was also deciding between the Jumbo and Navigator. I chose the Jumbo b/c I thought the seat would work better for my DS. I think it will be easier for him to sit at the edge of the bench style seat than the other seat, and I imagine he will need to do that to reach the handle bars while he is growing into the trike.

I did think the steering feature on the Navigator was a plus, though, so it was a hard decision.

In addition to Jumbo, I got the seat belt, safety pad, push bar, foot rest.

Mom to Max, 05/28/03

cimberdog
04-15-2004, 11:35 AM
I totally understand. I felt the same way. My DS is 15 1/2 months, 34+" tall and we went with the Jumbo (not the air filled tires though). I figured he'd like the dump bucket on the back.

So we got:

Jumbo ($84.50)
Foot Rest ($10.40)
Push bar (regular, not stroller style) ($10.40)
Safety Pad ($6.50)
Bell ($3.25)
Seatbelt ($10.40)

All together it came to $125.45. HTH!

amyff
04-18-2004, 01:05 AM
Thanks to all who replied! Well...I did it! I sent Debbie an e-mail requesting the Jumbo, push bar, and seatbelt. Don't ask me why I didn't get the Navigator. I just felt like you all were so happy with your Jumbos and "why mess with a good thing". Many thanks to Neve...your hard work is truly appreciated!