PDA

View Full Version : Train set reco

suribear
04-16-2004, 02:49 AM
We bought our nephew a Brio starter set for his second birthday. My SIL says he doesn't play with it much yet and she is interested in getting him another train set.

I prefer the Brio type because it's great for their imagination (and based on my dd, he will grow into it) but she wants something mechanized with tracks that stay together. Any ideas?

I thought FP made a Little People trainset, but I can't find it!

ETA: This is the one, but it seems to be sold only in the UK :(
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/cars-and-other-vehicles/unbranded-little-people-fun-sounds-train.asp

Is there something similar in the U.S.?

Kris

myllam
04-16-2004, 03:26 PM
I've seen the Little People Trainset sold at Target, so you may want to look there (it doesn't seem to be online though). Another option may be the Fisher Price geotrax trainset. DS has a wooden trainset and he loves it, but he didn't really start playing with it until he was 2-1/2.

HTH,

Monica

egoldber
04-16-2004, 09:17 PM
I have seen the FP GeoTrax at Target.

But it sounds like he is just a little bit too young for it yet. We got one for DD when she was 29 months. She enjoyed it, but couldn't quite put the tracks together and work the cars herself. She is now getting pretty good at it. Maybe get him one of the battery powered engines so that can pull the cars along the track for him?

HTH,

starrynight
04-17-2004, 12:27 AM
That fun sounds train in the above link I have seen only at target for $19.99 and I have looked everywhere. I was able to get it 30% off after xmas last year. I was in target the other day and they still had some but they were full price. My 2 year old dd loves it and her 5 yr old brother sometimes plays with it also.

Here is a U.S link, it's $25
http://tinyurl.com/2k5xe

The fisher price catalog might have it.

suribear
04-17-2004, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the Target tip :)

So would you recommend the LP train or Geotrax? My SIL will set it up for him, so that's not the issue. She wants something that doesn't come apart too easily. I suggested a battery powered train for the Brio set, but apparently our nephew demolishes the tracks in two minutes :)

Kris