PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how the Tandem works with the Buckets

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-17-2004, 07:04 PM
I am thinking of getting another trike just so that I have the tandem option. My sitter has a little boy and thus both boys can ride and then I'll have this option as I add more children to our family...

BUT wondering if the bucket models might not allow it to be used. I would assume so since I have yet to see a conflict...
ONLY CONFLICT I am noticing are what is described as "newer" model straight frames (that can be found on the AIR models)...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

riostoker
04-17-2004, 08:36 PM
If you look at how the tandem insert works, the bucket really shouldn't be an issue. The insert goes in between the pedals and the front seat, so the kid in front is actually riding on the insert seat, and the kid in back is riding on the original seat. The original seat, back wheels, and bucket aren't changed in any way.

Hope that made sense,
ann

redhookmom
04-17-2004, 08:50 PM
It makes sense to me.

I am pretty sure but would like to check... There are no Kettler Air trikes tha take an insert, right?

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Ann-Thank you!!!!! It does make sense!!!! Thank you for sharing
Jessica-you are correct the AIRS do not fit the tandem...
Now I do beleive at one time the AIRS had an "s" frame and then they could have but now they have a straight frame. So important to note that the Jumbo AIR has a different frame then the Jumbo (non air)....

Now one of the sites seemed to act like in the future the trikes might all be changing to a straight frame. I might have read that wrong but one of the sites I am almost certain acted like if you were interested in a tandem to get one of the "s" frames sooner rather than later. It went on to say there does not appear to be a shortage of the actual "tandem" but the chance to get a frame that allows it....

That is why I think I am going to go ahead and get one...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties