PDA

View Full Version : Bargain Alert for ATW Radio Flyer Wagon

justlearning
04-22-2004, 07:15 PM
This wagon is 55% off right now ($67.49) on toysrus.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/toys/B00000K1VR/qid%3D1082673385/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-9572069-1844733. They're out of stock online, but I called my local TRU store and they said that they'll price match it but only if I bring in a printout of the online price. I'm going to go buy one now so I can't personally recommend it yet, but I wanted to let you know about this great deal. They had it on sale for $100 before but this is the lowest price I've seen on the wagon. HTH someone...

votre_ami03
04-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I have been eyeing the RF Pathfinder wagon & was curious if it was on sale too & it is! Thanks for posting this. :) I can get the RF Pathfinder for abot $52. One happy momma!

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

August Mom
04-22-2004, 07:56 PM
Everyone, be sure to check the policy of your local TRU before running over there to get the price match. My TRU won't price match any on-line price (even from toysrus.com). It has to be a local store with exactly the same product (color and everything) in my area.

justlearning
04-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Good point to call your own store to confirm... The store I talked with said that they just decided today to start price matching this item (and they did INSIST that I have to bring in a printout with me for them to do so), so it likely will vary across stores whether or not they will. I still can't even report that they did it for sure because we just got hit with a big snow storm that's making it impossible for me to drive all the way over to TRU right now. Still, I just wanted to let you know--maybe you'll have luck with your stores.

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-22-2004, 11:55 PM
If you get one I think you will be getting one of the last Radio Flyers made in the USA...they are closing up shop in Chicago and moving their business to China!!!!
So I suspect one day any Radio Flyer up until now will be known by someone in our families as "an antique" made in the USA :)...

I am going to call ours and see if they have any...
Thank you for the bargain tip!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

myllam
04-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Has anyone else had any luck with their Toys R Us B&M price matching the online sale? I was just wondering whether it was worth trying or not. I'm feeling a little gun shy about calling stores due to some recent bad experiences with other companies (rudeness, being put on hold for a long time), but this seems like too good a deal to pass up if it can be done :-)

Thanks!

houseof3boys
04-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Just in case you didn't get the wagon, they have it on sale at Target this week for $55 (at least in the South they do).

justlearning
04-26-2004, 02:38 AM
I can't address your question aimed at others regarding their stores, but I will update you on my experience. When I went to buy it in the store, they were selling it for $140. They did go ahead and price match the online sale price, though, and kept my printout for their records. The worker at the front desk was surprised that they were matching an online price because she said that they usually don't do that. The guy who was helping me in the back said that he also was surprised to hear them say a few days earlier that they were going to go ahead and price match it on that one item. So, needless to say, I was thrilled to be able to buy it for $67.49.

One problem you might have, though, in addition to the price-matching thing is that usually the Toys R Us online sales change every Monday. (I've been watching them for the last few weeks online and have found this to be their pattern.) Thus, it's very possible that this price will no longer be on sale tomorrow. You may want to print it out tonight just in case it goes off sale and you get lucky being able to just show your printout to someone at your store tomorrow.

Good luck! I think I must be fortunate because I've actually always had good luck with the customer service at our store here.

votre_ami03
04-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Gotta love this board! :D

I went to TRU this w/e & they would not price match it. :( I went to Target & they had the RF Pathfinder for $61.99. I had convinced myself I needed it now, so I bought it. Luckily Target w/give you an adjustment if you purchase it within 2 weeks of a sale. :D

myllam
04-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi,

Thanks Anne! I would never have gotten one at this price if it wasn't for your post!

I'm thrilled! I had actually gone to Toys R Us this morning for something else and the manager happened to be cashiering, so I asked him about their online price matching. He said sure, as long as it was their own store, they have it in stock and that I had the printout. I showed him my printout, he said "wow, great price", and I got it for the price. So it was very easy and a nice experience. I forgot to find out if it was a new policy or not (I know they never used to price match their online prices). And from his reponse, it didn't seem to be specific to the wagon.

Anyways, thanks again! DS is going to be one happy camper!

mekiemom
04-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Hi,

I also went this morning and noticed that my store was selling it for $139, I told a salesperson that I saw it online for $67 and she said to go ask customer service to print it out for me and they would price match. I got the last wagon they had (already assembled floor model). The woman told me that they just received an e-mail on friday that they are now allowed to do online price matching. The cashier didn't even realize that they were now doing that because it was such new information, she had to get a manager.

I also took advantage of the fisher price buy 1 get one free deal and price matched the musical tea set! It was online for $9.99 and in the store for $15.99, she printed that out for me also. I was so excited when I left the store, I kind of felt like I got away with something naughty!

Thanks to this website I am now well informed on all sorts of awesome deals!

votre_ami03
04-26-2004, 07:51 PM
The popular RF Deluxe Walker Wagon is on sale at TRU for $34.49.