PDA

View Full Version : Review: Little Tikes Playcenter Playground

jd11365
04-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Well, right now we can really only use the sandbox (which we are using as a pool) and the swings (which we bought infant swings to attach to because it comes with bench swings). There is no way Kayla can get up to the fort area by herself. There is a cargo net which goes over a water moat (fun when she is old enough to climb) and holes to stick your feet in to climb up completely vertically. So this part is pretty much off limits right now. Underneath is the covered sandbox which like I said we fill with water. That has actually become the favorite of our dog at the moment, but Kayla enjoys it too. It's nice because it is shaded...important here in Florida...the sand can get very hot here. She does hold on to the double swing which has handles, but you need to hold her because she could fall off easily. The slide is awesome, but in the Florida sun it gets too hot during the heat of the day...but that's with any slide around these parts... We think this playground looks nice in the backyard and will hold up nicely. It is very durable, but not for adults...though I've carefully swung on the swing. It took 2 days to put together and needed two people but wasn't terribly difficult. It's definitely a project though and wasn't exactly easy either. There are 49 steps...no words, all illustrations.

Overall we are extremely happy with the purchase because Kayla will grow into it. We mainly wanted a swingset for right now so everything else is a bonus anyway. (We did add toddler swings which were buy one get one free at TRU when LT stuff under $20 was BOGOF.) We didn't want the wood sets...too expensive and the less expensive ones were not the quality we would really have wanted. My 7 and 9 year old nieces came over today and enjoyed it so I know it will get many years of use. TRU wanted $799 for it. We paid $697 with free shipping at www.mtm-kidzstore.com which was the best deal anywhere...plus you definitely want this shipped to your house...the boxes are huge.

Hope that helps someone looking for a nice playground.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4861.jpg

houseof3boys
04-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Sounds like lots of fun and I'm sure over the next few months will bring lots of fun as she discovers it a little more! Kayla will love it for many years I am sure.

Thanks for the review Jamie. :)

votre_ami03
04-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Jamie, That looks like a great set! Thanks for the tip.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03