PDA

View Full Version : ideas on how to make a seatbelt for a wagon?

jubilee
04-26-2004, 05:51 AM
Logan got a wagon on his birthday and I want to make sure he stays in it! He's been really good and hasn't tried to get out, but I just know the day is coming that he will. It's a radio flyer wagon with wooden side rails. There is only a half inch gap between the back rails to put a seatbelt through. If I could find something like the seatbelt on a shopping cart, that would be perfect. Any ideas?

bnme
04-26-2004, 01:47 PM
My clean shopper has a dettachable belt like you are describing. I have used it for other things when no belt was available (like his wood sled). I THINK you can order one from there website. I wonder if BRU sellls anything like this. I sure would like an extra cuz I've almost lost mine a ton of times!! Good luck.

votre_ami03
04-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Julie, There is this seat w/a belt for the RF wagon at TRU.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00002MZ8F/qid=1083019397/br=1-20/ref=br_lf_t_20//102-6141996-2986569?v=glance&s=toys&n=172135

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

caleymama
04-26-2004, 07:56 PM
I made a shopping cart cover a few months ago and was able to get the nylon straps and buckle from the fabric section of WalMart. I'd imagine that most fabric/craft stores would sell them. The strap material was on a spool and had to be cut to order. It came in a variety of colors and I ended up with red to match the fabric I was using. The buckles were packaged individually on the rack with the buttons and other closures. I melted the ends of the strap slightly with a lighter to keep them from fraying and then looped them through the buckle and stitched them. I can't remember exactly how I looped them through, but it did end up adjustable. It would only be a couple of dollars to make one and the materials are identical to what I've seen on shopping carts. Good luck figuring something out!

jubilee
04-27-2004, 12:37 AM
It doesn't look like this seat will work on my wagon because of the high wooden sides that the wagon has. But thanks for the suggestion!

jubilee
04-27-2004, 12:43 AM
wow, great idea. I think I could do that! I'm going to the store to check it out!