PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of the Muzzy language program?

jasabo
04-27-2004, 03:19 PM
(I also posted this in the Lounge, so please excuse the double post)

I received a brochure in the mail yesterday (unsolicited) from Early Advantage (never heard of them), advertising the Muzzy foreign language program, developed by the BBC (I didn't even know the BBC was into developing language programs!) The brochure is interesting - looks like a program similar to the Signing Time series, with DVDs to teach kids a foreign language.

Has anyone had experience with this program? I'd like to get the boys involved with Spanish very early, but don't want to spend money on something that doesn't work.

Thanks!
Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

luluc
04-27-2004, 08:26 PM
I've heard and seen them. I've been taking German classes for the past few years and my teacher in my beginning German class had us watch them. I found them entertaining and useful. I think they would be great for aiding in early language development in young children. The characters are cute and the videos are well made. I wouldn't compare them to Signing times as those have more actual footage of kids and not as much cartoon. The Muzzy videos, or at least the ones I watched, were all cartoons. I had completely forgotten about these videos. I will definitely get a few for DD. DH will be pleased to see more German stuff in the house. He's getting tired of Baby Einstein. ;)