PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Why can't I decide which color Kinderzeat?!

kalebsmama
04-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? I can be so indecisive sometimes. I drive DH crazy!
Anyways, I didn't get a Kinderzeat from Baby Universe since I know that I don't want natural or raspberry. I hope to order from Hanna using the 20% off code. I keep going back and forth on the teak or blueberry. We have oak woodwork and hardwood floors, and red walls in the dining room. Our table and chairs are a darker mahogany color. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Anyone have these colors that they could attach a photo of?
One minute I'm leaning towards the blue - I'd like a color and DH won't go for the orange or lime. Next minute, I think that the teak will match the room colors better - esp. if we change the wall colors sometime. Also, the red walls are pretty dark and the teak seems lighter.
Will someone make up my mind for me?!! LOL!
Thanks!

votre_ami03
04-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Here's my $.02, I would go w/the blueberry. The teak on every other site except Hanna's, looks fairly light in color, therfore it may be too light to match the oak. If it won't match, why not go in a whole other direction, kwim? The other option I see, is there is an untreated, I assume you could stain that yourself. It isn't clear on the Hanna site in "natural" is the same as "untreated" though.

Good luck!

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

Eloise36
04-27-2004, 06:43 PM
The natural color is definitely not "untreated". I just got my natural colored Kinderzeat. It has a finish and doesn't look like it could be stained another color, IMHO.

britchick
04-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Hi there,here is a link to a post that has a pic of mine.I was really happy when i got the blue and saw it IRL.I had thought it was going to be a bright blue,but it isnt.I had originally got the red and returned it as it didnt go with my table/floors.If you want a pic of mine against my table.please email me and i will take one for you..HTH>>> [email protected] http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=12&topic_id=8306&mesg_id=8982&page=

kelly ann
04-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Jan-

I had pretty much decided on the teak, but now you have me thinking about the blue. We also have the oak thing going on in our house, but we have white walls everywhere. OT - When are we going to paint these darn white walls???

Anyway, I would say try out a color if you are leaning toward it...especially if you have oak floors, but dark mahoghany table/chairs. I will probably just stick with my teak though. I am still trying to decide what color to do on the walls and I don't need the Kinderzeat wood color choice muddy-ing the waters.

kalebsmama
04-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the link. The color of yours looks so much different than the color on the Hanna site. It looks lighter than what I was picturing. Decisions, decisions!
The pics below are from the Hanna website. It looks darker than the picture of yours. Maybe it's just my computer. I may just have to go with the teak. Then I'll know it will match no matter what room we use it in.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5088.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5089.jpg

mominma
04-29-2004, 10:34 AM
I was having a a very hard time choosing colors as well. I was in a bind regarding whether I should pay more and get the Cherry color from BabyCatalog (I have a membership -$180 free shipping), the Teak (169 Hanna) or just keep the raspberry from BabyUniverse. I actually need to buy another one and I am trying to decide whether to buy matching ones or get a different color.

I spoke to a woman from BabyCatalog and then I was in a specialty store that had various colors as floor models and had all the wood sample swatches.

We have a table that I believe is called fruitwood. It is a almond color with some small streaks of darker wood. The Teak IRL was light then I expected. It is really a honey color. I thought the cherry was nice, but I thought it would look dark against the table and the wood floors. As a result, I decided to keep the red. It actually goes really well. I am going to buy either another red or a the blue one. I decided that these are for my kids and why not get the bright colors. The blue IRL is brighter that the attachment above. It is really a true blue color.

Good luck deciding.

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03

britchick
04-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi again,maybe it is my pic.I know both seats are exactly the same shade,but i bought one in the US and one in the UK,so i think the colors dont vary too much.If anyone is interested in making a cushion post and i will write the info down.hth