PDA

View Full Version : LP sets -- Should I get more than one from same theme?

justlearning
04-28-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm just beginning to buy LP for future gifts for DS (love the half-off sale!) and am wondering if I should try to buy more than one set from the same theme (e.g., from zoo, barn, park, etc.) or is it OK (or even preferable?) to have more themes but only one set from each?

I already bought some and so far have only different themes (due to what appealed to me and/or wanting the video included) but am wondering if there's an advantage to having ones from the same theme (e.g., do they lock together with the same theme but now with different themes?).

Thanks in advance for any input you can give this FP novice! :)

AngelaS
04-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Buy what looks fun. I'm a sucker for Little People so we have all the circus, the farm and the horse ranch, all the ark sets and for her birthday she's getting ALL the castle sets. :D

brubeck
04-28-2004, 06:18 PM
If the LP sets connect (a few of them don't) then they all connect in the same way. They use those fence pieces and attach to posts on either side of the toy. So you can connect them in one big line. We have a LP town up in my playroom from connecting sets into a half circle. The farm is connected to the garden house which is connected to the zoo which is connected to the rescue station... you get the picture.

kaitlinsmommy
04-28-2004, 06:25 PM
We have 3 different farm sets & I think dd enjoys playing with all of them. They are all connected.