PDA

View Full Version : Fisher-Price dollhouse - what age do kids start playing with it?

myllam
04-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Hi,

I found a Fisher-Price Sweet Sounds Dollhouse in January on clearance that I couldn't pass up ($20 - reg $80). Now that Toys R Us is having their buy 1 get 1 free sale, I'm thinking about stocking up on the furniture. My question is at what age do kids start really playing with dollhouses? I'm thinking about giving it to my niece for her birthday and christmas, but she will only be 2 at that time. Is that too early? Or should I wait till she is 3 and hold off getting any furniture till later (I'm willing to store the furniture for 6 months but not 1-1/2 years :)

Thanks!

khakismom
04-28-2004, 07:06 PM
We gave the FP dollhouse to my DD for her 2nd birthday. She LOVED it! Played with it tons, and still plays with it. I think age 2 is a marvelous age for a dollhouse. :)

MelissaTC
04-28-2004, 07:25 PM
My friend and I found an old FP dollhouse at a church yard sale last summer. It came with furniture, etc.. She gave it to her 23 month old daughter a few months ago and she has been playing with it ever since. It is a favorite toy to Matthew as well. He always plays with it when we go over there...

myllam
04-29-2004, 02:34 AM
Thanks! Well, it didn't take too much convincing :7. I ended up getting the deluxe dining room, deluxe nursery, living room, parent's room, kids room, bathroom and playroom so I think my niece is set. Not bad, a new fully furnished dollhouse for $60! Now I'm thinking maybe I should keep it for DS, that way I can play with it too ;). Too bad DH would probably freak out if I did :).

Thanks again for the feedback!