PDA

View Full Version : Little Tikes Cozy Coupe II. Is it really that hard to assemble?

boys2enough
04-30-2004, 11:56 AM
I posted this on the toddler toy board, but thought I should ask around here as well.

I read the reviews on Amazon.com and many many people mentioned how difficult it is to put the Cozy Coupe together, and many also suggested paying the $10 for the store to assemble it for you. I am just wondering whether anybody here has one, if so, was it really almost impossible to put it together? (apparently the holes don't align correcly at all etc).

In addition, does anybody know whether it is possible now to get the original Cozy Coupe? All our neghbors have one (the older version), and they just seem a little bit nicer to me. Thank you so much!

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

lmladuke
04-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Well, I assembled DS's myself, and lets just say it took a while!
There are alot of little pieces which are time consuming. The hardest part for me, was putting the "roof" into the car. I could not do it - so when DH came home he had to practically lie on top of the roof in order to get it into the slots. He weighs about 180 pounds and it was tough for him. Then, because we had to really push on the top, one of the wheels got a bit messed up and would not turn properly. I ended up (a year later) having to have Little Tikes send me replacement parts for the bad wheel so I could fix it.

We got our Cozy Coupe as a gift, and I did not know you could pay to have it assembled. When we bought DS his Kettler for xmas - we definately had the store assemble it - and they did it for free!

Lori

kalebsmama
04-30-2004, 03:20 PM
DS got the police car version of the Cozy Coupe for his 1st birthday. It was really hard to get together. The top wouldn't snap into the frame of the car at all, and DH had to drill the hole for the gas cap.

This picture always makes me laugh. It shows 4 generations of men in my family trying to put it together! My mom is reading the directions, and you see my grandfather, dad, brother, and stepson all working on it. DH was helping too, and you can even see a little of my nephew trying to figure it out! Sorry if the quality isn't good, I had to scan the photo.

FWIW, DS loves his "poo car" and this spring has even preferred it to his Kettler trike most of the time!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5185.jpg

lotsofjoy
04-30-2004, 03:23 PM
We have the police Version too and It wasn't that difficult. The only part we had trouble with was getting the Top to snap in the way it was supposed to.

If you've got the itm and patience... it's fine. But if you're rushed or feeling impatient, have the store do it for you.

JMHO,

-Renee
Chaya Joy 9/01
TWINS EDD 6/12

mik8
04-30-2004, 03:27 PM
While Little Tikes are pretty durable toys, they need to employ a better crew in their instructions department.

boys2enough
04-30-2004, 03:43 PM
>This picture always makes me laugh. It shows 4 generations of
>men in my family trying to put it together! My mom is reading
>the directions, and you see my grandfather, dad, brother, and
>stepson all working on it. DH was helping too, and you can
>even see a little of my nephew trying to figure it out! Sorry
>if the quality isn't good, I had to scan the photo.

Thank you Jan for sharing this great great picture! lol. Oh, what a moment this picture captured. :)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

boys2enough
04-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Thank you everybody. I think the verdict is here: I am going to TRU and have them assemble it. My DH has absolutely no patience with things like this. It's always like the end of the world when the instructions are incorrect, the holes don't align, etc etc. I am going to save him from a heart attack by paying $10 extra. It's worh it, right? ;-)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

p.s. Aimee, I clicked on the link on your post: your DD is so adorable! And all the sun dresses she has. Oh, girls are so much fun to shop for. :)