PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer wood Highchair. Any recommendations?

HallsofVA
05-01-2004, 04:51 PM
I've seen this Eddie Bauer wood highchair at Target and BRU and it looks pretty neat. I was wondering if anyone has purchased and used it, and if so, what are your thoughts on it. Likes/Dislikes? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

My son's coming up on the 4 month mark, so I've been looking at highchairs since I'll need one in the coming months. I've been looking at the Healthy Care highchairs, and they've been my first choice until I saw this one. Now I can't decide.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5218.jpg

Jwebbal
05-02-2004, 10:25 PM
We bought ours a week ago, and like it very much. It has the big tray, with the insert, which makes cleaning easy, it has the small tray underneath, two pull out trays to keep the baby food out of his reach, and looks great in my dining room. The cover can be washed, but not put in the dryer, which is fine for me. I wanted something that looked good, and worked well. I think this would be a pain for a younger baby, as it does not recline, but we didn't start solids till ours was 6 months and sitting up just fine on his own. No wheels, which we are okay with. I like that it seemed to take up less floor space than most of the others, and since we have a small space, that was great. Not a bad price for a wood high chair either, with the dishwasher safe insert.

JoAnne

rollenkl
05-03-2004, 10:23 AM
JoAnne,

My husband and I are also considering buying this high-chair. Our concern is that the chair itself looks smaller than the other high-chairs and we're wondering how big a baby can fit in the chair. We figured we'd use the high chair until the baby is about 2 year old and we don't want to find that this high chair won't accomodate that. What are your feelings on this? Does your baby seem to have plenty of room to grow in this chair?

Thanks for your help,
Kari

Jwebbal
05-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Kari, have you seen it in person? I have to say I didn't really think that it was too small, but then I wasn't really looking at that to be honest. I will have to look at it again, and perhaps ask my friends two year old to come over and try it out. The tray does move out pretty far, and we liked that it moved in close enough for our 6 month old. I will get back to you.

JoAnne