PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Sandbox - $70 Shipping !!! Should I buy it?

sc
05-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Debbie just called me & the FedEx shipping for the $250(before discount) Kettler Sandbox is around $70. She said I can still change my mind before she place the order tomorrow afternoon. Now I don't know if I should buy it...Decision, decision, decision....

BTW, I'm not 100% sure but I think she mentioned the shipping "might be" less. I'm wondering if she will charge me the exact shipping or $70. Hopefully I can reach her before tomorrow afternoon.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find one with less $?

TIA

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-05-2004, 11:23 PM
One of the sites had some Kettler products and then some products that looked just like them that were "John Deere" (green and yellow) I mgiht be wrong but I think they had a sandbox...
I do remember the John Deere products seemed less...
But I don't remember who it was...or even if they had a sandbox (they did have a sanddigger that was not as nice as the Kettler one, but the price was equal to the Kettler with the Kettler sale)...

Maybe someone here will know it...
If I find it I'll come back and post...

That sounds like a lot for a sandbox, I think we are making ours, and Pottery barn kids has a GREAT one that looks like a wooden boat but T couldn't use his sand digger in it...

I'm no help for that does sound like a lot...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

westchicagomom
05-06-2004, 01:24 AM
Depends how badly you want that sandbox and if you want it for this summer or can wait.

When you figure in the 35% off ($87), you really are only saving about $12 if you buy it from her. I just went to yahoo and typed in Kettler sandbox and as I suspected, all those places offer free shipping w/ purchase. All the sites I looked at were $249 and I suspect Kettler doesn't let them advertise for less. I guess there might be the possibility of coupon codes, but I doubt most of these sites have them.

So basically you have to decide if the sandbox is worth the full price to you or not. Maybe you can find someone locally that will discount special orders so that you can just pick it up????

It's a nice sandbox, but personally I wouldn't pay that much.

McQ
05-06-2004, 10:49 AM
This is just my opinion so take it at that, but I think that's ridiculous. I was this close to buying the sandbox but thought $162 was crazy expensive. If it were me, I just couldn't stomach paying $70 on top of that. I'm pretty frugal and while I don't mind paying what some may consider crazy for some things, I just hate getting burned by shipping costs.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04