PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Tiny Diner and hook-on high chair

JennyLynn
05-07-2004, 01:17 PM
So we are getting the Inglesina Planet hook-on high chair instead of a full size chair. I know one of the disadvantages of going this route is that the hook-on chair doesn't have a tray. I was thinking of getting a Tiny Diner. Can the Tiny Diner be used with the hook-on chair? Do the chair's arms go over the TD, or does that interfere with it safely hooking onto the table? Are there any alternative products to the TD that you are happy with? Also, can the TD go in the dishwasher or does it have to be hand washed? Basically I need to know if the TD is going to be more trouble than it is worth!

Thanks for any help,
Jenny

luluc
05-07-2004, 01:29 PM
It depends on how you are going to use the TD. Sounds to me like you are going to use the hook-on chair fulltime in place of a high chair, correct? I think the TD is great and we use it with our Inglesina hook on chair at restaurants and other people's houses. I don't think it can go in the dishwasher as it is rubber like. I wash mine by hand but I don't use it every day. Although, I do use the highchair every day and I wash the main tray by hand so I guess it would be the same. I know the instructions for the hook-on chair say not to have anything between the chair and table but the TD suction cups to the table and the chair's grippers hold on fine. We have not had a problem and I feel comfortable using this set up. DD is almost 1 and weighs 18 lbs so she's not a big baby. When my SIL was visiting they put their Inglesina chair on everything even if the table had a table cloth. I think that the two are a wonderful set up and I would definitely use them as my main feeding chair at home if I hadn't gotten the FP Healthy Deluxe chair for $17 at Target last fall!

stillplayswithbarbies
05-07-2004, 08:08 PM
I use the Inglesina Planet with the Tiny Diner. I put the chair on the table first and then put the Tiny Diner over it. I wouldn't want anything between the chair clamps and the table.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

heidi_timms
05-08-2004, 02:51 AM
FYI on the tiny diner. DD thinks it's a fun game to unstick the Tiny Diner and dump food everywhere. Every baby is different, but I'm not sure I'd count on it for long term use.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

sadie427
05-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Have you considered a booster chair instead of the hook-on chair? We use the First Years 4-stage reclining feeding seat? It straps on to a chair. We use it instead of a high chair, and it has a tray. My concerns about the hook-on chair are that it doesn't seem quite as safe, and that you can't face the baby to feed them since they are attached to the table. The advantage is portability, if you planned to take it with you to restaurants, but it can't be used on all tables anyway. I know this wasn't your question but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. :-).

luluc
05-08-2004, 02:26 PM
DD tries this too which is why we ended up putting it on the table and then the chair. The chair is rock solid on the table and I really don't see a problem. She can only pull up the tray which is fine b/c then the food comes back on the mat. I agree though that it is not something for longtime use but it works great for now!

Eloise36
05-10-2004, 10:31 PM
That's what we do too, at least for bare tabletops. We lay the TD on the table and then clamp on the Me Too chair over it. I feel the Me Too clamps on strongly enough to the table through the TD, and have absolutely no problems putting DS in it. However, I never use the TD if there is a table cloth because the TD suction cups couldn't grip the table. All in all, I think the TD and Me Too chair are a great combination. Among other things, the cup of the TD catches most of the food that falls through the small gap between the bar of the Me Too chair and the table, making for a neater dining experience with our 7 1/2 month old :)