PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the "Messeez" high chair cover from One Step Ahead?

hovegator
05-12-2004, 01:02 PM
My husband is building a beautiful0 high chair out of walnut for our baby that is due in July. I've been looking at all the pads for chairs, but they all look tough to wash and come in goofy baby prints. They just don't look all that classy. Then i saw the MESSEEZ high chair cover at One Step Ahead. it covers the entire top of the chair(arms and all) and i can just take it off after meals. Has anyone used this? What is it made of? What do you think of it? ANy advice from wooden high chair owners regarding what they use would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Alyssa & "Cletus the Fetus" due 07/04

dipstixclix
05-12-2004, 03:40 PM
I do have the Messeez high chair cover in blue (I think that's the only one they had). I use it on my Peg Perego. It's not padded at all - it's just really thin nylon (thinner than on a windbreaker) and the holes are lined with long strips of Velcro so you can customize the holes to your liking. It doesn't look that classy either, to tell you the truth. The only reason I got it was b/c I had read that the Pegs were really hard to clean with all the little nooks and crannies (Boy that couldn't be more true). It's kind of a pain to take on and off and now I don't even use it anymore - I just wipe the chair clean (it's faster for me that way). The holes weren't EXACTLY closing b/c the Velcro strips are stiff so food particles & crumbs would fall into the high chair anyways, especially where the crotch bar is. If you do get it and plan to change it after every meal, I would invest in more than just one. Maybe it will fit a wooden high chair better?