PDA

View Full Version : Good monitor w/dual receivers??

Emmas Mom
05-12-2004, 04:46 PM
I tried doing a search but it didn't actually come up with anything that said "dual receivers" in it, so I decided to post this question. I'm wondering what's the best monitor with dual receivers. I have been tempted to buy the Philips Ultra something (I read about it somewhere on these boards) but it only has the one receiver. Anyone have any suggestions or opinions? Thanks. :)

matthewsmom
05-12-2004, 08:26 PM
I have to say that a dual receiver isn't really necessary. We had the Graco Family Listen' N Talk dual receiver baby monitor and it was awful. We had so much interference and would constantly receive our neighbors phone onversations. The batteries also ran out really fast and the walkie talkie was totally useless. My DH and I couldn't understand each other at all! So we decided to buy the Philips Baby Monitor. I forgot the name of it. But it is the one that shows the temperature of the baby's room. We love it. There is no noise from it unless the baby is making sounds. I have never received any interference at all. Plus it has rechargeable batteries. So I just leave it on recharge during the night and during the day I just take it along with me. No problem at all. I can't believe that a monitr can be so great!

Carolyn

Mom to Matthew 7/19/03

Emmas Mom
05-13-2004, 01:02 AM
OH!!! That Philips one is "portable"?! LOL! Cool, that actually sounds better than having two receivers anyway. If it charged all day & was taken off the base into a different room all night, would the charge last? Does anyone know how long the charge does last? I may have to make a "buy it now" purchase on e-bay! :) Thanks for the info.

matthewsmom
05-13-2004, 08:25 PM
I do have the baby monitor charged during the night time and it does seem to last throughout the day. The only thing is I tend to turn off the monitor when the baby is awake. He only takes about 2 naps a day but I noticed that there are still 3 bars on the receiver when I put it to recharge during the nighttime. I had looked on ebay for the Philips monitor but all they had were the older versions. I had bought mine from Buy Buy Baby using the 20% off coupon. Make sure that the one you buy (if it is from Ebay) has a screen which shows the temperature of the bedroom. That's the recent one. Good Luck! We love our monitor!

Carolyn
Mom to Matthew 7/19/03