PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals on Little Tikes or Step 2 Climbers? And which one?

mattysmom
05-14-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm looking to get some sort of climber for my 15 month old ds. I can't decide which one to get? I know lots of people have rave reviews for the 8-in-1, but I don't know if I want something this big since I'd like to get a wooden playset when he gets a little older. I know TRU had a sale earlier this spring, but will they have another? Or has anyone else found a place to get these items below retail price? TIA!

jvorhis
05-14-2004, 01:30 PM
I was planning on getting the LT Hide & Slide Climber at some point for my daughter. It seemed to get pretty good ratings and it was smaller and less expensive then some of the other options. We are planning on getting her a wooden playset when she gets older. I actually ended up picking up a Little Tykes Playhouse Climber a few weeks ago at Wal-Mart for $21.00 (it is a discontinued model) My daughter is not big enough for it yet but my 20 month old nephew who I got one for too loves it. I also did notice that Toys R Us has put some of their models on sale every few weeks.

Jenn

Mommy to Emma
9-10-03

cchavez
05-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I am currently looking for climbers too. DS is 12.5 months. My neighbor paid 75 for her little castle climber by little tikes but I have seen it at Target for 50.00. That is the one I am considering. What do you think about the LT large natural climber????

mattysmom
05-14-2004, 03:53 PM
wow - $21 is a great deal! I'm leaning toward the LT Hide and Slide Climber too - seems reasonable, not too large but I think DS will enjoy it this summer/fall.

Christine - I'm not sure which one you're referring to?

jvorhis
05-14-2004, 04:44 PM
My advice with the $21.00 climber is to check out all clearance toys at Wal-Mart. They were on the top shelf not marked. I had to ask the poor man to get them down for me, but it was well worth it! Also, if you have a BJ's in your area they have some deals on climbers and you don't have to pay shipping. The LT Hide & Slide climber I only saw online with shipping costs but Bj's has it for $89.99. The LT 8-in-1 is $299.99.

Jenn

Mommy to Emma
9-10-03

jd11365
05-15-2004, 05:33 PM
I saw an ad from LT in this month's Parenting magazine for an AWESOME climber that was $499. w/ $49.99 shipping. It's called the Naturally Playful Clubhouse Climber.

This was the description and a pic...
* Features a skylight, drop-leaf table, 2 stools, message board, pretend clock with movable hands and an electronic phone
* Climbing ladder with hand and foot holes and sure-grip hand rails to assist young climbers
* Bridge connects to lookout tower with rotating steering wheel, telescope and climbing ladder
* Hideout area under playhouse joins with a crawl-through tunnel to another hideout under the lookout tower
* Adult assembly required
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6132.jpg

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

votre_ami03
05-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Jamie, That looks awesome!

Nolan is still a bit young, but I know I want to get one eventually. TRU just sent me a coupon for 20% off any LT play set, don't know if these qualify of not though.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

mattysmom
05-17-2004, 12:41 PM
thanks for your advice. we went to TRU yesterday and got the Step 2 kangaroo climber on sale for $80 (instead of $100) along with the fisher price swing. we're not sure if the swing is going to work since we need to hang it from a tree. of course it was raining yesterday but hopefully we'll set it up tonight! and i'm still hoping to get a big wooden one - either cedarworks or childlife...

COElizabeth
05-17-2004, 02:59 PM
I think it's actually Step 2, not LT.

We have the exact same climber except in the regular colors (not the more natural colors). It's in our living room. It's all we have in the room (we got it right after we moved here), and it is large, but James loves it and plays on it probably every day. DH thinks it will have a long useful life as it can later be draped with blankets, etc. to make a fort.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04