PDA

View Full Version : When did you pack away the swing?

Jacksonvol
05-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Emily is 8 months old now and I am trying to decide if we can pack up the swing. It is a FP Ocean Wonders and I loved it when she was smaller. Now, she is a busy girl and does not seem as into it. She will sit in it and play with the toybar, but just does not seem as excited. Since the living room is now decorated in early Fisher Price, we would like to reclaim some space. should I go ahead and pack this up, or will I just be getting it right back out? Thanks for your help!

Lisa

rrosen
05-14-2004, 11:59 AM
My dd is also 8 months old and we had to pack away the swing months ago. She was able to sit up in the swing and grab onto the frame. It did not seem safe to me anymore esp. since it was a three point harness. We have the fishprice with the duckies, just like the ocean wonders, swings both ways. I am sort of jealous that you have been able to use it all this time. I was very sad to see it go since dd would nap in it when I just could not get her to fall asleep in her crib.

I doubt you will regret putting it away now. My dd does not want to be confined in anything now that she can crawl and furniture surf. I will probably put the exersaucer away this week too since she will only play with it from the outside now and it is just taking up space.

HTH,
Rebecca
mom to Gabrielle 9/03

votre_ami03
05-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Nolan's is still sitting in the LR, but I started to put it away last night. He hardly ever used the thing really, but I just didn't want to take it apart. :) He is 9 mos.

He also hates being confined, unless it's in the HC w/food. ;)

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

ghs517
05-14-2004, 09:10 PM
We also put away the swing when DD could grab onto the frame...about 6 months. She didn't give a hoot about the toy bar anymore but just wanted to grab on to the sides.

matthewsmom
05-14-2004, 11:07 PM
We've been meaning to put away the swing also. My DD is 9 months old right now and hasn't used the swing in ages. He just doesn't seem to be interested in being confined now that he is crawling and creeping. We've moved it around so many times b/c it takes up so much space. It's currently sitting in our basement living room.

Carolyn

Mom to Matthew 7/19/03