PDA

View Full Version : does anyone not like their Kinderzeat? and other questions....

smomom
05-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Until very recently DS has been very content in his PP. But lately it doesn't seem to be working for us. He wants to sit in a big boy chair. Maybe it's his attitude - or maybe I've caught the Kinderzeat bug - but I am wondering if it is time to take the plunge and get one.

I have seen all of the raves for the Kinderzeat. But what are the downsides? Does anyone not like theirs for any reason?

Also, I'm not sure how to read the measurements that I can find. Is it tall enough to allow DS to sit at our bar that is counter height (approx 36 - 38 inches)?

One last questions - what colors do you have? are you happy with your color? I am most likely looking at either Teak or Cherry. Any detailed info on those color would be appreciated.

thanks so much!

McQ
05-17-2004, 02:06 PM
We don't have one yet as our hang up is they are too short to use at our island (where we eat most of the time). The Kinderzeat is table height not island/counter height. But as I said, we don't have one so hopefully others can answer your other questions.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

smomom
05-17-2004, 02:26 PM
bummer. we eat a lot of meals at the counter too. I was hoping it would be tall enough for him to reach.

Eloise36
05-17-2004, 05:01 PM
I am very happy with my Kinderzeat, but agree that it is definitely not counter height. It is the height of an ordinary dining chair.

cmyk
05-17-2004, 05:57 PM
I don't think this is a problem with the chair per se, but it slides around our smooth tile floor easily. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if DD would just sit nicely at the table. :) She pushes off the table and I'm constantly pushing her back into place. Maybe I should try some of those non-skid pads on the bottom of the chair or just wait until she decides it's not fun to do anymore!

Also, one of the backrest slats was damaged upon receipt, and I'm still waiting for Stokke to send a replacement. In their defense, they did say that their replacement part guy got a virus and was out sick. But this was weeks ago...I ought to give them a call back.

Otherwise, I love the chair. I got the Cherry. I have an all-white interior (yeah, I know, we bought the house pre-DD), and was tempted to go with something lighter, but I really like the contrast.

HTH!
Shelley

pamela mom of 3
05-17-2004, 09:56 PM
I would check through the stokke site pretty sure in the f.a.q or something like that they address the island/bar height issue.

I really like our kinderzeat, the only thing i didn't like was the cost LOL :D it was a bit of a :glup: but has been well worth it i couldn't imagine anythig else working with ds at this point.

Color wise i have natural, i really wanted a color but that was all that was available at that time, i was more leaning to maybe orange, blueberry etc..er; yeah kinda bold ;)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

JacksMommy
05-18-2004, 03:02 PM
We got the cherry, which I love. I have no problems with the chair itself but DS is only mildly interested - he tends to move around to different chairs instead on only using his Kinderzeat. I got the Tripp Trapp with the baby bar so will be able to use it as a highchair for Baby #2 - otherwise I would feel it was a waste of money since DS seems equally happy with just a regular chair. I will say that other kids who come over love it, though!

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/25/02

mjit
05-19-2004, 12:14 AM
We really love our KinderZeat. DS has been using it for well over a year now. He wasn't a very good eater in his highchair, and from reading some messages on other boards, I thought he may have been really uncomfortable being slumped like that. We got this seat, which makes him sit up straight, and he's been eating very well ever since.

It does slide a bit on the tile, but not enough to be a problem. If it was, I'd put a couple of rubber feet on it. It cleans up much easier than his high chair, and he can get in it himself, which was a big help to me when I was very pregnant with my second baby, and after the c-section.

I dragged his chair outside and took a couple of pictures of it in natural sunlight so you can kind of get an idea of the colour. Of course, it may look different on different monitors, but maybe it will help.

mj

smomom
05-19-2004, 09:45 AM
thanks so much! that was so sweet of you. Thank you for taking the time to do that. I really like that color. I am still debating on whether to take the plunge.

I really appreciate the photos and the input.

cimberdog
05-19-2004, 03:30 PM
We got one in cherry and love it! The cherry is dark - it's darker than our cherry cabinets but I really like how pretty it is and since we have both oak and cherry we decided to try the cherry. It's slightly lighter than in the attached pictures though - these look a little dark to me.

Ours is in this thread - page 3.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=16324&mesg_id=16324&page=&topic_page=3