PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Little People?

momma_boo
05-18-2004, 11:01 PM
Is there a place to get a single replacement for a Little People animal? I'm specifically looking for the male peacock that came in the extra set of Noah's Ark animals. One of our real animals (either the bird or the dog) got it and bit his nose, which is now hanging on by a thread. It really bugs me that the girl peacock's got a mangled mate.

Any ideas on where to get one? DH says if it bothers me that much, I should just go buy another set but it seems so foolish to do that.

missym
05-18-2004, 11:43 PM
There's a seller on ebay with the peacock pair, but it would cost almost as much as buying the new set. :(

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

egoldber
05-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Did you call FisherPrice? They may send you one free or they may sell you just one.

Otherwise, just keep checking eBay for 1 peacock :)

HTH,

momma_boo
05-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Thanks Missy and Beth.
Honestly, it didn't even occur to me to check on ebay.

At this point, there is someone selling a single peacock on ebay, but it's 4.99 plus 2.25 for shipping. Yowza!! Considering that a whole set that includes the peacock is 10.00, that's highway robbery.

I guess I'll go and get a second set and hold on to the extra animals as spares (or I can make some money and put those on ebay, LOL!).

I did try calling Fisher Price this morning and the best they could do was to send me over to their "catalogue store" to purchase a set.
Off to Toys R Us I will go!

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-19-2004, 11:24 AM
I have had the same question since my friends dog ate the hay to T's farm set, it was a gift and in his first 5 mintues of playing with it the dog chewed on the hey. I find it hilarious that EBAY has the opportuntiy for folks to sell something as simple as one peacock...or even the hay...it is amazing the opportunity that EBAY has opened up...

I also wanted to add that I wonder how many folks in this economy, having lost jobs etc...have saved their homes all due to EBAY...I mean it is obvioulsy an opportuntiy that almost anyone can have...

Though I hate to have to see anyone having to pay huge bucks for a peacock, itsn't it neat to know that that is probably a stay at home mom banking on it :)...

Ebay has done wonders that is for certain...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties