PDA

View Full Version : doll stroller questions

LucyG
05-19-2004, 10:41 AM
What's a good age for these? Any specific recommendations? I know Little Tikes and Graco make them. My DD loves to rock her dolls in their cradle, and she loves to push her FP lawn mower, so I'm thinking it might be time for a doll stroller. Or, would it be more sensible to get a toy grocery cart that the dolls could sit in? That way, she could shop and stroll at once. Yet again, I am making this WAAAAAAY more complicated than it needs to be, but thanks in advance!

atlbaby
05-19-2004, 10:51 AM
I got Arielle a little stroller from TRU at about 18 months. I don't remember the brand offhand, but it wasn't LT or Graco and it was very cheap ($5?). It folds up and there are a bunch of designs. I'd say she wasn't really ready for it though, because she didn't really get into dolls until her second birthday. Before this, she'd just sit in it herself. :) One of her good friends got one at the same time and loved it immediately though, so your DD might be ready for it earlier.

I got Arielle a shopping cart (LT) at about 18 months too, thinking she was ready for it since she liked putting her play food in different areas of the house. Problem was she was too short for it! So it basically sat in the corner for a while. But around the same time she got into dolls, she decided that all of her dolls should live in the shopping cart. She calls it their carseat for some reason. I've seen shopping carts at TRU that are shorter than the LT one, so this might be a better route if your DD is small or under 2.

Hope this helps!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

jk3
05-19-2004, 11:46 AM
A friend's baby has the Maclaren doll stroller. I'm sure it's not cheap but it's super cute!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

MelissaTC
05-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Since she loves to push the lawn mower, she is ready for the stroller. DS enjoys pushing just about anything, including the pink Little Tikes doll stroller we have! I am seriously considering purchasing him a Chicco pram I saw at TJ Maxx or the Graco sun stroller. He would totally push a baby doll around the neighborhood...

egoldber
05-19-2004, 02:25 PM
We have super super cheap doll stroller from Target (the doll, stroller and accessories were $5). We gave it to her for her 2nd borthday and she loves it. She did play with them at other people's houses from about 18 months on.

HTH,

pamela mom of 3
05-19-2004, 02:45 PM
I agree, if she likes playing with the FP lawn mower that she is ready for a stroller....brand wise honestly depends on how much you want to spend.

We have some little tikes ones, their great for outdoors since they're all plastic;easy to keep clean. We also have some umbrella styles with swivel wheels, our best one is our zooper ;)

Maclaren's dolly umbrella looks cute too i think it's 20$? looks like it's sold out there though? possibly a shop would carry it.

http://www.maclarenbaby.com/US/pages/onlinestore.html

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

caleymama
05-19-2004, 02:48 PM
We just got DD a toy stroller a couple of weeks ago after she was using another toy to push her "baby" around the yard. I got a cheapie (less than $8) umbrella style stroller at WalMart. She really likes it, but the front wheels don't swivel so she has a little trouble maneuvering it. Doesn't seem to bother her, though, because she LOVES to push it around the house and around the yard and up and down the sidewalk and ... get the picture? We also have a shopping cart that has a spot for a baby and that's not nearly as interesting to her. She prefers to remove the basket part and ride it backwards as a sort of scooter. I think your DD would probably like a stroller a lot, based on what you've said.

kaitlinsmommy
05-20-2004, 01:16 AM
DD has a doll stroller & shopping cart & they are by far her favorite toys! She played with her cousin's stroller at 13 months & immediately loved it so I got one for her right away. I say get both if you think she'll like them. I also got the $8 one from TRU & they are really cute and fold up.

LucyG
05-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks, everyone! I'm going to start stroller shopping!

lisams
05-20-2004, 05:43 PM
DD was about 16 months when we got her one (the $5 one at Target - it's perfect!) It is by far her favorite toy!! I love when she tries to stack all of her dolls and stuffed animals into it.

Lisa

loewymartin
05-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Alia just got her Bitty Baby and Maclaren stroller last Sunday for her 2nd birthday. She seems to love both! We went for a walk today with Bitty in the doll Mac and Alia pushing. I think we got the stroller for $20 plus shipping from BabyStyle. It is a great stroller - just like her "real" Mac. Folds the same way. I have been impressed with it so far.

Alia also has a shopping cart (my kid is a carrier - she carries many items all at once :-)) and she hasn't even thought about putting "Katie" in the shopping cart yet.

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02