PDA

View Full Version : Food Peek-A-Blocks

mharling
05-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Has anyone seen these in stores yet? I have looked at Wal-Mart, Target and TRU. Any sightings to report? I really want to get these. Yes, I'm an addict.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

snp624
05-23-2004, 10:47 PM
I found it on KBtoys website.

http://tinyurl.com/38h9u

I've been wanting this too, ever since you posted it. (I think it was you, right?) DD is not so into the peek-a-blocks, that's why I haven't got it yet. I wonder if KBtoys have them in a store...

nicurn96
05-23-2004, 11:09 PM
I am another peek-a-block addict! I got the food blocks at Toys R us a couple weeks ago during the BOGO sale. We went to TRU today with DD gift certificate from her birthday and bought her the hippo walker/ride toy! Very cute!! Now I am searching for the ocean blocks and the activity center that I saw on there website!! I hope she never stops liking peek-a-blocks!!

Lisa
Mommy to Lydia~5/13/2003

mharling
05-24-2004, 12:10 AM
There are ocean blocks now too??? I think they know how many addicts there are. ;)

ETA a picture:
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/img/product_shots/C7070_b_1.jpg

Mary & Lane 4/6/03

jubilee
05-24-2004, 12:33 AM
My son has the Noah's Ark Peek-A-Block and couldn't care less about them. Is this just a bad set- would he like the other sets?

writeleigh
05-24-2004, 09:03 AM
7-month-old DS has the circus peek-a-blocks. He is fascinated by them, but they get him extremely frustrated. I've put them away and will reintroduce them in a couple of weeks to see if it's better. I'm not sure why they frustrate him - like if he's tring to get to the items inside, or what it is . . .

votre_ami03
05-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Nolan has the wagon, which he really likes (although ot as much as his LF table), the sound & the vehicle fun blocks. He loves shaking them & dumping them.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

amp
05-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Mary, they did have them locally at our TRU, but it looks like you checked your own and didn't find them. I can always take another look at mine if you want me to pick you up some. :-)

nathansmom
05-24-2004, 11:53 AM
I've seen them all over out here. LMK if you want me to pick one up for you.

mharling
05-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks Norah & Andrea!!! I'm not desperate enough yet to pay for them to be sent to me, but I'll let you know if I reach that point. :)

My next task is to find someone who wants the hippo, but not the specific blocks that come with it. Lane really wants all of the food blocks. ;)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03

mharling
05-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Julie -
I think the ark itself is pretty lame. The blocks are OK, but Lane's favorites are the ones that make noise. I think the construction set is a good one. Lane really likes the truck too.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03

khakismom
05-25-2004, 04:21 PM
OK, I just saw the Incrediblock, and I must have it!! I am addicted to these stupid little blocks too and feel some absurd need to get them all!

I'm thinking Ellen would LOVE the Incrediblock for her birthday, plus it stores up to 30 of them (which I can always use if I keep buying more of them! :))

votre_ami03
05-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Okay Maureen, what's the "Incrediblock"! I must know! :) I was just checking out the FP site this am.

ETA:
I found it! :) Looks cool! I like the stack & spill thing.
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/img/product_shots/C5523_b_1.jpg

Raidra
05-26-2004, 11:07 AM
This is probably really pathetic, but I have to admit my reason for wanting to get this for Colwyn..

It reminds me of Plinko! I am a huge Price is Right fan, and I can just see myself labeling the slots at the bottom $1000, $500, $0, etc, and playing with it myself. :D

How horrible is that?

Milanns
05-29-2004, 12:32 PM
I just saw them online at Etoys (also saw the sports blocks too which I haven't seen before).

votre_ami03
06-01-2004, 10:56 AM
So It wasn't just me. :)I didn't know there were sports blocks either. They have them at Target too!

mharling
06-01-2004, 12:54 PM
The sports ones are VERY cute. Even my 8-year-old nephew likes to play with them (he likes trying to make a goal, basket, catch, hole-in-one, etc.).

Mary & Lane 4/6/03

boys2enough
06-05-2004, 10:45 PM
I know this is probably outdated: but Mary have you found the food blocks yet? I saw them yesterday at Walmart of all places, and remembered reading the title of this post. So anyway, I bought them, thinking that if you still have trouble finding them, I could meet up with you when you come to Woodfield or IKEA.. You are in Chicago right? No big deal if you have found some. I go to Walmart on a regular basis. HTH.

>Has anyone seen these in stores yet? I have looked at
>Wal-Mart, Target and TRU. Any sightings to report? I really
>want to get these. Yes, I'm an addict.
>
>Mary & Lane 4/6/03
>[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday
>Pics!!]

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

mharling
06-06-2004, 01:43 AM
I haven't found them yet and just looked again at Target this past week. I will be out of town next week, but would love to meet up either next weekend or the following week. You're a sweetheart for thinking of me (er, Lane!!!).

Mary & Lane 4/6/03

boys2enough
06-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Hi, Mary, you are very very welcome. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. :) Let me know when you are coming this way: you know, Woodfield, IKEA, Nordstrom Rack, LE outlet, etc etc. In fact, let me take a digi pic of the blocks I bought so you can see whether it is the right one. Don't want you to come all the way for the wrong thing, eh? :)

ETA picture. The picture is fuzzy, but you can see that the "Food Blocks" contain 6 blocks: choco chip cookie, banana, cake, strawberry, watermelon and apple. Also it is new and clean and clear, just my cheapo digi cam makes it look kind of beat up. (Now I sound like an eBay seller, don't I?)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7310.txt

Hhhmmm, this is not good: I am tempted to start a collection myself. lol.

>I haven't found them yet and just looked again at Target this
>past week. I will be out of town next week, but would love to
>meet up either next weekend or the following week. You're a
>sweetheart for thinking of me (er, Lane!!!).
>
>Mary & Lane 4/6/03
>[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday
>Pics!!]

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

starrynight
06-07-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm in TX and have looked at TRU, walmart and target no food or ocean blocks :(. My tru is small though and I haven't looked to see if they came in within the last week or so, but they didn't have them last month. I want the ocean set more than the food blocks but I will take what I can find. My kids love them! We have the elephant and the vehicle block set plus one of those 3 packs of blocks walmart sells.

boys2enough
06-07-2004, 11:58 PM
>I'm in TX and have looked at TRU, walmart and target no food
>or ocean blocks :(. My tru is small though and I haven't
>looked to see if they came in within the last week or so, but
>they didn't have them last month. I want the ocean set more
>than the food blocks but I will take what I can find. My kids
>love them! We have the elephant and the vehicle block set plus
>one of those 3 packs of blocks walmart sells.

Hi, Jackie,

Would you like me (and maybe somebody in TX?) to look out for you and if possible, buy and mail it to you? I am not sure whether you are needing it so much that you'd pay shipping for it. lol. I guess this does not make sense at all since if you don't mind paying for shipping, you could order it on-line then. Just thought I'd still ask, just in case.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

McQ
06-08-2004, 03:20 PM
What are you all doing to me!!! I came here to let Mary know that I saw the food blocks at Target yesterday and was going to offer to get her some. Now you go and show me this - I must get the Incrediblock. Declan has the elephant and loves to drop the blocks down his trunk. So I think he'd love this. He also likes to sit in the opening of his wagon silly boy.

I picked up the elephant and extra circus blocks for a friend's birthday party this weekend. And good mommy that I am :) bought the train for Declan. And feedback on the train??? I didn't see the Incrediblock but I'm on the hunt...

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

khakismom
06-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Allison, you have to let us know if you find the Incrediblock and where! I have looked at my 2 Targets and nothing. Next up is the quietest Walmart ever, where I found the ever-elusive LP castle set (all 5 sets). Elle's birthday is over, but I, er she, still wants it. :)

McQ
06-09-2004, 10:13 AM
So far, I found it online at Dmart. http://www.dmartstores.com/peininstbyfi.html It's $54.88 plus $11 something shipping to Virginia. I guess it's a new product since it's not at Target or even Target online yet. Now the question is, can I wait and hopefully get it cheaper when it comes to Target, or do I jump and get it now. Leaning over, about to take the plunge, almost there...

And no wonder Ellen wants it, this thing looks really cool!

eta: I'm so obsessed with this toy that I've called FP. They said it's a new product that was released the end of May and it generally takes 4-6 weeks for items to get in stores.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

votre_ami03
06-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Allison, You be just as obsessive as you want, it does the work for the rest of us. :) Do let us know when you get it, we know you will get it. *lol* That block looks awesome!

Nolan will be getting the train for his b-day next month. So no review yet. Unlike his Kettler trike, some gifts are actually waiting until his b-day!

pamela mom of 3
06-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Their are sports blocks? gee now i'm gonna have too look also..... ;)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

Kimberly H
06-11-2004, 09:12 PM
I just saw the Incrediblock at our ToysRUs in Myrtle Beach. No ocean blocks though :P

slknight
06-13-2004, 08:44 AM
You all have me hooked on these! My Walmart definitely has the food ones if anyone wants me to get them. I'd be happy to mail them to you. I think my next favorite set is the sports. I haven't seen the ocean ones yet either. I am definitely on the prowl for them!

I know at my Walmart, they just have a whole bunch of different ones on the shelf and you have to dig through them to see what they've got. I didn't think they had the food ones until I started moving several sets that were in front. All the sets are mixed together. Just a tip for some of you Walmart shoppers. Your store might have them and you might not know it.

Kimberly H
06-13-2004, 10:40 AM
I hadn't realized the ocean set was in a container like the circus set so I'd been looking at the regular sets for the ocean blocks. AAARRRGGGHHH

Since I live at the beach, I'm afraid I'll have a tough time finding the ocean blocks and I'm not willing to pay shipping yet so I'll keep looking.

mharling
06-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Yep, those are the right ones. I'll e-mail you later.

Mary
Lane 4/03