PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions on travel & sleeping arrangements

adventres
05-24-2004, 12:26 PM
The book discusses there are hotels that provide cribs, but i am a little weary about that. Plus, the travel we do is not around the major cities. So, what all have you done during a trip to a hotel? Do you bring your playpen?

Lisa
DD Maya Rose 5-11-04

stillplayswithbarbies
05-24-2004, 12:54 PM
most hotels use a pack n play as a crib, and they are almost always brand new.

I have never had a problem using the hotel crib.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

cchavez
05-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Westin has a heavenly crib.....might look into that. We have never stayed in a hotel with DS but we are planning an August trip to sea world in San Antonio so we are considering the Westin b/c of the crib. hth

amp
05-24-2004, 02:57 PM
From what I have heard, most hotels have pack n play style cribs for babies. You could call and ask if you want to be sure. We bring ours along so we don't have to worry, and so we can use it when we visit grandparents. Makes it easy and we feel safer using our own.

houseof3boys
05-24-2004, 03:04 PM
We stayed in a hotel with Ryan and the crib they had was a metal crib (he enjoyed banging on it to see if it could make noise) and they bumpers that you could put on if you wanted to.

He didn't sleep very well in it, but then he was in unfamiliar territory! You can always call the hotel that you thinking of staying in, but I'm sure all of the larger chains have them in small cities too! We had the pnp in the car if we needed it, but honestly it was more trouble to carry it along with the luggage for the one night that we stayed there.

Andrea S
05-24-2004, 07:37 PM
We bring our pack n play if we drive.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

mharling
05-24-2004, 09:58 PM
As mentioned, most hotels use PNP's for the 'crib'. I have only stayed in a hotel with ds once and it was a PNP. I did bring a sheet from home; not only because I knew it was clean, but because it was familiar to ds as well.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

gisele
05-24-2004, 11:49 PM
I bring the PNP when we travel and it is part of our checked baggage when we fly.

emilyf
05-25-2004, 11:17 AM
We have always used the hotel crib which has been a pack and play about half the time, the other half a crib-but always pretty nice and relatively new. We do bring our own crib sheets.
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02