PDA

View Full Version : Little Tikes Discover Sounds Kitchen or Playstore

jk3
05-24-2004, 04:43 PM
I purchsed the playstore + the kitchen + got a very good deal on the items. However, DS definitely does not need both so I'm planning on keeping one for him + using the other as a gift. Does anyone have any experience with these toys? Which should we keep?! Thanks!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

jvorhis
05-24-2004, 05:25 PM
My friend has the Kitchen for her son 18 M - he loves it. I have it for my daughter but she is to little for it yet. I got a good deal on it at toys r us after x-mis. Don't know anything about the playstore though.

Jenn
Mommy to Emma
9-10-03

pamela mom of 3
05-24-2004, 07:07 PM
We have the playstore so i can only comment on it...

The kids really enjoy it...and the basket is a big hit with my toddler ;)

Both seem to be great! tough choice..

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

jk3
05-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Thanks! Both toys look interesting so they are still in the boxes. I thought my DH would help make the decision but he just pointed out all of the neat features of each toy! I'm sure my DS will have more fun playing with the boxes so I should just flip a coin. =)

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

August Mom
05-25-2004, 10:07 AM
We have the playstore and someone in DS's playgroup has the kitchen. By far, the favorite feature on the kitchen for the kids is the ice maker. They all seem to love to push the button and make the "ice" (i.e. shapes) come out. Be aware, if this is an issue for you, that the shapes in the kitchen are sized to fit various openings (i.e. the circle will fit through the square hole, etc.) As for the playstore, we got very limited use from it. Although DS loved it, especially pushing the buttons on the cash register and dropping the coins and fruit through the holes. However, the shape sorting area served as a little step for DS. He kept climbing up on it and it was not safe. So, we had to put it away. If you have a little climber, I would go with the kitchen.

jk3
05-26-2004, 08:24 AM
I went with the kitchen. DS loves it-especially the "ice cube" dispenser and the phone. He also likes to knock over the kitchen but that's another story! It keeps his attention for a while which is great. Thanks for your help!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

BethinMass
05-26-2004, 10:36 AM
I would think that the kitchen would being a toy that may enjoy longer :) Do you know anyone that has either, so that you could see which one your son may enjoy more?

vikivoly
05-26-2004, 07:56 PM
We have the kitchen and it's been one of DD's favorite toys for over 6 months now. We don't have the playstore, so no help there.