PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Healthy Choice High Chair (no ruffles) at Target

dules
05-25-2004, 11:46 AM
I have been reading these forums and deciding on high chairs. Wanted a Prima Pappa till I tried dd in it and it was way too big! Then tried the FP Healthy Choice at BRU and loved it, but they were out of stock and steered me toward the Deluxe Linkadoo, which did not suit my taste aesthetically speaking.

Went to my local Target last night and they had 2 of the basic Healthy Choice chairs in the navy butterfly pattern and NO ruffle on the seat. Just FYI, in case anyone is looking for it, try Target - I thought the new ones all had ruffles so either I am wrong or Target still has stock in the older ones.

Now I need to put it together - THAT was a selling point for the PP, lol!

Best,
Mary

stillplayswithbarbies
05-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I think it is the Deluxe that has ruffles on all the new models. The one you got is the same as the Deluxe except the Deluxe comes with three trays and has wheels.

After using the Deluxe for 8 months now, I would have been fine with the base model. The wheels never work anyway, they always lock themselves.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

ALLEYCAT
05-26-2004, 05:16 PM
After much debate and reading a coworker gave me a very basic highchair that does not recline or anything. I made a new cover for it out of a vinyl tablecloth with chili peppers on it and put old tennis balls on the feet so now it slides without scratching the floor. No worry about wheels locking or not. I was dissapointed for all of 5 min that he did not have the linkado toys to play with, he is entertained by his spoon and a washcloth while waiting. Now I need to decide where to spend to extra money!

olim
05-26-2004, 06:23 PM
We have the Deluxe FP Healthy Choice High. If I remember correctly, the "unruffled" one is the basic model. The deluxe has the ruffles. I don't know what the difference is but I would go with the basic unruffled one. The only thing I dislike about our high chair is the ruffles.

DeborahM
05-31-2004, 03:31 PM
I agree - we also have the deluxe chair. It's the only thing that drives me batty b/c it's impossible to keep the ruffles clean. However, it's a snap to throw in the washing machine, which cleans everything up.

Deborah
Mom to Thomas and soon-to-be baby girl

ethansmom
05-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Target used to sell a Deluxe model without the ruffle. I belive the pattern was called Teddy Bear, or something like that. Anyhow, it was exclusive to Target.

murpheyblue2
05-31-2004, 05:08 PM
Yep, I've got that one. It's a blue plaid with a teddy bear (reminescent of the Graco French Bear pattern), wheels, 3 trays, no ruffles. I stalked Targets for it and finally found it online with free shipping. Great chair.