PDA

View Full Version : High chair cleaning issues: Sewing washable covers??

Jennymarie
05-28-2004, 02:33 PM
I've been trying to decide what high chair makes the most sense, and haven't really reached a firm decision yet. I know that a lot of people complain that some of the better-looking chairs (Chicco-Mamma and Prima-Pappa) are difficult to clean because they have too many cracks and crevices.

My mom sews, and she's already made several very soft jersey-type sheets for our bassinet, pack-n-play, changing table and even the carrycot for our Mountain Buggy. I'm wondering whether it might be useful to ask her to make a bunch of fitted covers for the high chair that I could just remove and wash each time. These wouldn't be any bulkier than a sheet, so they wouldn't generate too much wash, and they would keep food from falling into the cracks. Putting in buttonholes for the harness straps would be easy.

Do you think this would work? It seems like kind of an obvious "fix" to the cleaning problem, so I'm surprised that no manufacturers make thin, washable fitted covers like this that you can buy in bunches.