PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between these Boppys?

Buzymommy5
05-29-2004, 01:06 AM
can anyone tell me what the difference is between the boppy original and boppy luxe pillows and if you recommend one over the other? also, how about the boppy 5 in 1 pillow? too many to choose from!!

chris

jubilee
05-29-2004, 02:18 AM
The Boppy original is a cotton cover, the boppy luxe is a fleece cover, and the 5 in 1 has a cotton cover and has a removable toy bar. The 5 in 1 is only available in 1 or 2 patterns that I've seen. I have the original and like it. I voted against the 5 in 1 because I didn't want to have to remove a toy bar everytime I needed to nurse. The original one is also cheaper.

s7714
05-29-2004, 03:11 AM
My advice would be to buy a naked Boppy and then a couple of covers. You can buy both cotton and luxe covers separately, so you can feel them and decide which you'd like better. It's nice to have more than one cover so you can throw one in the wash after it's spit up on and still have one to put on your Boppy.

I personally like the luxe covers better, because I think they're softer, but it's really a matter of personal opinion.

FWIW, I noticed the have a line of Amy Coe covers made for the Boppy at Target now, but I don't know what the quality is like.

HTH,
Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

houseof3boys
05-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Ditto on the advice to buy a naked boppy and then get covers. We have the blue luxe cover and I loved it! I put a blanket over the boppy when we nursed and if the cover got wet/dirty, I just took it off and threw it in the wash.

If you just want a boppy and don't care about the pattern, TJ Maxx has tons of them for $14.99 right now!

I wouldn't have gone with the boppy and the toy bar either. Too much of a pain!

Momof3Labs
05-29-2004, 07:27 AM
I hated the Boppy for nursing (most lactation consultants recommend against it for new moms) and would recommend the My Brest Friend pillow instead!

s7714
05-29-2004, 02:58 PM
I think $14.99 is cheaper than most places sell the naked Boppy for anyway! Depending on how dark the pattern is, some of the covers would completely hide it anyway if you don't like it! ;-) Good way to save some $$!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

pritchettzoo
05-29-2004, 06:13 PM
I have the Boppy with blue fuzzy cover and clouds because it matches our nursery and I got it with a coupon, making it cheaper than a Naked Boppy + a cover. I do like the fuzzy, fleecy covers better than the smooth cotton ones--the baby sort of sticks to it better (think felt boards from elementary school!) instead of sliding right off.

I would avoid the 5-in-1 if you're going to use it as a nursing pillow because it's supposedly hard to get all the stuff attached and then off again, and you're not going to want to mess with that with a hungry babe).

I use my Boppy way more now (actually RIGHT now) for nursing than I did in the beginning. I had a c-section and the pillow over my stomach was too much. Then I basically forgot about it. I use it to nurse while surfing online--I don't feel guilty about "wasting" time online then. ;) The boppy goes over the arms of the office-y chair and is comfy for DD. Also, at first, DD was so small (even at 10+lbs) and flopsy that she'd roll too much (either in toward me or out away) on the curved surface of the Boppy. Maybe this is why LCs like My Breast Friend better (it has a flat, tray-like top, unless I am thinking of another pillow)?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

JMS
05-29-2004, 08:41 PM
I love the luxe cover b/c it is so soft.. but I also recommend having a second cover. One interesting thing to note, my DD was having problems falling asleep on the breast early on and a LC recommended feeding her in just a diaper (obviously the room was a pleasant temp) to keep her stimulated but not too comfy.. with that said, I loved having the luxe cover b/c it was SO comfy for her..
The LC also recommended the brest friend pillow but I stuck with the boppy and did just find. Also, I now use the boppy for so many other things now that my DD is bigger and the boppy is somewhat uncomfortable for nursing. I'll sit her in it (propped up about 45%) in her crib while she is awake and I'm folding her laundry in her room or cleaning, or something.. she loved sitting in there and watching her mobile. I also use the boppy for tummy time.

Good luck!