PDA

View Full Version : Mozart Magic Cube

grenicali
06-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Any feedback on the Mozart Magic Cube? I was reading reviews and read some mixed things - some said no volume control, others said there was; some said poor sound quality, some said great. Has it been improved (anyone buy one recently)? I'm thinking of buying it for a 1st bday gift and I really think she will like it because she LOVES music. What do you think?

Melanie
06-06-2004, 04:06 PM
We bought it when Ds was young...I can't remember when, but single-digit months, he never really cared about it until he could pick it up and throw it. Then it broke. Total waste for us. It also worked...strangely. I can't remember what the deal was, but I thought it would play all these different songs and it was really just 1 song with different instruments.

redhookmom
06-06-2004, 06:34 PM
We have had 2 and they both broke. The first on fell of the coffee table and stopped working. I returned it received a replacement. After a couple of months the violin side stopped working. A girlfriend of mine also has one that does not work.

The idea of the cube is really neat. If they have improved the durability I would give it a try.

cvharris
06-06-2004, 10:31 PM
We have one and it's one of DS' favorites! Ours sounds great and we haven't ahd any problems. It was a baby shower gift, so it wasn't bought recently.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

momma_boo
06-06-2004, 11:10 PM
We got ours as a gift when DD was born. We've enjoyed it and would buy it again without hesitation. She doesn't play with it as much anymore at 14 mos but she's been playing with it for a while.

Jen in Chicago
06-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Jude got one for Christmas and plays with it a lot. We need to replace the batteries for the first time right now.

DH and I had so much fun playing with it Christmas night. It facinates us!

I recommend this toy mostly b/c the music is nice, not annoying.

Jen in Chicago
06-07-2004, 12:11 PM
I forgot to mention, our niece sleeps with her cube some. She is 2 years old. They have 4 kids and it has survived!

wagner36
06-07-2004, 12:41 PM
C has one - he got it as a gift when he was first born. It's a pretty big hit - he plays with it daily. He's just now starting to understand exactly how it works and he'll dance when it comes on. Ours does not have volume control, and I think the sound quality is actually pretty good.

We were at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago, and somebody's cell phone ring played a song that is also on the cube. C's eyes lit up and he started bobbing his head back and forth like he does when he plays with it at home. It was so cute....

McQ
06-07-2004, 12:55 PM
We have one and Declan loves it. He kind of goes in phases with it (as with everything) but it's been a big enough hit that I'm glad we have it. No volume control though.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

August Mom
06-08-2004, 01:06 AM
We really like it. We got ours a year or so ago. There's no volume control and it is rather loud. That's my only complaint. The buttons are large and easy to push. I think the music quality overall is pretty good, although the flute really doesn't sound like a flute. There are 6 songs, I believe. The concept is to experiment with the sounds of and combinations of different instruments. So, you can play each song with all the instruments, any one instrument or any combination of instruments. The child gets to decide. I would recommend it.

zen_bliss
06-08-2004, 02:22 AM
we have both the embryonics cubes (mozart & traditional baby songs -- they each have i think 6 compositions). they have been her favorite toys from sitting up and have staying power through crawling. i would never have guessed her devotion to them! both of them have suffered at times from one instrument getting 'off track' (which is maddening since the volume is a bit loud, but i would just touch that side to mute it) and weirdly they both healed themselves after a bit. the good news is embryonics offered to replace them.

gisele
06-08-2004, 02:25 AM
My cousins sent me one as a gift when DS was born. They each have an infant and said their babies loved it. My son has been playing with it since and still loves it (13 months). We've brought it on vacation trips, my son tosses it, and it has held up well.