PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole Kaitlin's Trike

kaitlinsmommy
06-08-2004, 05:38 PM
It was just a cheapie from Big Lots but I am so sad because she loved it so much! Who would steal a child's tricycle? I was very sad when we got out of the car and she ran around it to go on her trike and it was gone.

Anyway, my friend bought it at Big Lots a couple months ago. Has anyone seen one there recently? I'm sure they're gone but I guess I'll trek to the ones nearby and see if I can get lucky. Otherwise, I'll get a Kettler but I liked that this one had a second seat.

amp
06-08-2004, 05:47 PM
That really stinks! We have our own fears about this, so the trike is always in the garage. Some stuff we certainly can't put in there, like his cozy coupe or LT swing/slide, but the trike is always in there. Sorry it happened! I rememer seeing trikes at Big Lots, but that was after I went there for the LP farm just like you.

kaitlinsmommy
06-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Well, I live in an apt. so we have a communal garage it was in & I knew I was risking it leaving it there. This is making me want to get a house sooner! I'll trek to the Big Lots when dh gets home from work just in case God is smiling on me. But we already had it rigged with a rope to pull & everything. Thanks for listening!

rrosen
06-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Do you have a picture of your daughter on the trike? If so, I would put a flier up in the garage. Even if you don't get the trike back the creep who stole it will feel like a heel.

redhookmom
06-08-2004, 09:22 PM
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/shake.gif MEAN http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/shake.gif

What did you say to your daughter?

tippy
06-12-2004, 01:57 AM
So sorry this happened! I remember as a kid someone stole our bicycles out of our driveway (me and my sister). My stepdad drove around the neighborhood and found them (I forgot where) and put them in his car and brought them home. I agree with the other poster. I would put up a picture if you have one and if not just a written flyer saying "lost trike, daughter heartbroken....." Maybe the creep who took it will return it saying "hey, look what I found". Ya never know.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-12-2004, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't put a picture of a child up on a poster, especially with a phone number or address. Too many sickos around these days.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kaitlinsmommy
06-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Good point! I actually don't have any pictures of her on it anyway. Someone pointed out that there were some maids soliciting flyers that day and I would guess one of them stole it. Obviously, I don't know but I'm pretty sure it's not someone who lives here. Thanks for the support! Now, I've got to pick out a Kettler.

cchavez
06-12-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm so sorry about the trike! DH keeps on reminding me not to leave D's kettler outside. BTW, I was at my Big Lots the other day and I didn't notice any trikes there.

Let me know when you guys are read to house hunt....we love the burbs! :)