PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Junior vs Tipp Topp high chair questions

supercalifragilous
06-10-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm trying to decide between these two... next time Debbie has a sale again I'm getting one!!! The reviews have convinced me!

Besides the Tipp Topp having the arms on the side (does anyone know the height of the chair to the top of the arms?), what are the other differences? Our table is unusually high so we currently have our Prima Pappa hiked up as high as it'll go so she's able to sit with us at the table. The Kinderzeat was too low on its highest seat setting.

Is the wooden crotch bar (I don't know what else to call it) for the Tipp Topp attached to the tray or permanently on the chair itself? Is it easily removable when she "graduates" from the tray?

Is there a tray available for the Junior?

How easily removable is the "lap bar" on the Junior? DD is almost 14 mo and a little chubby - I wonder if she'll fit in it!

And both chairs come with the 3-point safety belt, right?

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-10-2004, 01:48 PM
I can answer some of the Tipp Topp questions...

I would call Debbie and go ahead and place your order, I was under the impression that she'd take orders right away for them if you decide on one.

The critch bar is not wooden (I don't know if the picture just looks like wood or at one time it was for I too thought it looked like wood) It is a thick and heavy leather.

The "arms" to me are not arms...I guess one has to look at the picture and clearly decide what they think, it is an extension of sorts but there is not resting ability there I don't think.
Fromt he back of the seat to the arm edge is 8 inches...BUT one could really consider it 9 inches if you look at the angle for it widens from the top a bit as you head down to the furthese point being 9 inches. We put it up against the table last night and we do not feel it an issue for the use at the table in the least, but we did not remove the tray to totally test it, but concluded that on observation

The floor to the top of the tray is 29 inches

To remove the tray you'd need the same device (I assumed he used a screw driver but was not there) that you'd use to lower the legs and the seat...it is the same bolts on all of them.

I hope that helps, the tray is lined up perfectly with the "arms" in that there is no space for food to drop etc...
This chair by far surpassed any expectation I ever could have had on it.

I'll be honest I took a stab in the dark as to which to order, I can't say I compared or did much else. I did not go with the one that converts to a chair and table for I don't need that...we have tables and I found that useless for us.

I hope that helps...
I know Debbie descibed the Junior as similiar to the Kinderzeat and I have to say I think so is the Tipp Topp once the tray is removed.

If anyone calls Ketter I'd love to hear what they have to say about the marketing of the two, for again I didn't really compare them...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

supercalifragilous
06-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all that wonderful info, Neve!

I'm going to go home and meausre the height of our table!

For some reason, I totally assumed that the tray was easily removable - I'm glad you mentioned that the tray has to screw off -t hat makes it a little more tedious to clean (I'm used to the extra removable tray that our Prima Pappa has that I can stick in the dishwasher).

And I'm so glad you pointed out that the croch bar is leather! I had no clue! How is it attached to the tray and chair? Is it screwed on as well? I'm thinking a three-point harness might be better if the leather strap is removable... Did the Tipp Topp still come with a three-point harness/seatbelt?

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-11-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm expecting guest any minute so I'll respond more tomorrow...
the tray to me is super easy to clean, there are no nooks and crannies for things to get into-it is as flush against the sides as if it was glued in place or one piece. Honestly the cleaning is not an issue for a second. The wood is so smooth I just take a damp sponse and it is done.

I don't know how the crotch bar is attached, I'll check and repost.
The seatbelet is a seatbelt no harness...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-11-2004, 08:10 PM
with pre drilled holes :) but can't see holes from the top of seat.
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

riostoker
06-11-2004, 08:43 PM
As far as I know, there is no tray available for the Junior. The only accessory I've seen is a seat pad (which I think also pads the lap bar) which Debbie said she would also be happy to order.

The lap bar is removeable with an Allen wrench (included with the chair).

The Junior does not exactly have a 3 point belt - the three points are the lap bar and the crotch strap (which is also removeable).

Does that help?

ann