PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Jr. Highchair Question

cchavez
06-11-2004, 02:12 PM
I am considering ordering this chair from Debbie b/c I am not crazy about Diego's highchair (BabyTrend) so I am looking into something different. We also want to set up a computer in D's playroom in the next few months so this chair would work at an adult sized computer desk right???

Also, what made you guys choose this over the Stokke Kinderzeat....other than the price???? The Stokke seems so much prettier....but I really can't compare. I have a friend that has the Stokke and to tell you the truth I thought it was the kettler chair when I first saw it. I am going to her house on Monday so I am going to have D sit in the chair and check things out.

Thanks!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-11-2004, 03:01 PM
I don't have the Jr but I have the Kettler TT and I can not say in the least bit that the Kinderzeat "is prettier", granted looks are in the eyes of the beholder but in my case I wouldn't make that statement in the least. I actually found the Kinderzeat to look "different" to me. I know it's workmanship can not be surpassed from what I have heard, and have to say I don't think the workmanship of the TT can be either (haven't seen the other chairs).

All of these chairs are not really my taste in decor at all, I am not into contemporary furniture and they all have a contemporary look.

I chose mine for cost, looks, workmanship
Its looks and quality by far surpassed any expectation I could have had.

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

cchavez
06-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks Neve! I know you have fabulous taste! I am going to show the site to DH this wkend and hopefully decide soon. I guess what throws me off about the kettler is the black plastic on the jr. I also like that the kinderzeat come in other colors but our wood floor, cabinets, etc are a natural color so the kettler would "match."

Do you think the JR chair would works at a computer desk?

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Well I don't know if I have fabulous taste, so thank you for that, but I guess I just know what I want if you know what I mean :)...

I have not seen the Jr so I don't know, riostoke (Ann) should beable to let you know. And I hear ya about the plastic if were myself I think I'd be doing just like you are doing and comparing etc...

I also was not interested in any painted chair since I love "wood" the grain etc... so the natural look is what I personally was going for.

Is the Jr one the one that turns into a table and chair, is that the one you are considering????

If so, and since that one is not the one we got, then I'd call Debbie and talk to her about it some, they did get one in, it wasn't assembled when I went in... 919- 833- 1363.

Share what she says if you call...
See I'd save and get a Kettler, and then order a learning tower (I forgot the name of the thing) from her too, where the kids can stand up counter top level with you while cooking etc.... :) That's what we are doing!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

cchavez
06-11-2004, 03:32 PM
I am considering the chair that Ann got. I was thinking that my FIL could probably make us a learning tower. He he a very good craftsman but I don't think he could make us a chair.....

riostoker
06-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Honestly, the price is what did it for me. I agree with you that the Stokke is prettier (although, I'm with Neve - the contemporary thing isn't really my style!). If each one was $70, then I would have purchased the Stokke. BUT... that's not the case. The Kettler is $70 and the Stokke is $200. I just couldn't justify it. There were too many other things I could buy with that $130 (the Kettcar? Hanna clothes? a plane ticket to someplace fun?).

They are equally functional, and the function was what I wanted... a chair that my DD could sit in comfortably, pull all the way up to the table, climb in herself, have her feet flat on the "floor", and a chair that would grow with her.

Honestly, the plastic isn't that bad. It has a matte finish, so it is sort of dull and not shiny at all. If this makes any sense at all, it looks like "expensive plastic" (is there such a thing?)

I think you would be equally happy with the functionality of the Kettler vs. the Stokke. You just have to decide how much the difference in look is to you. It wasn't worth $130 to me!

I think it would work great at a computer desk.

Let me know if you want measurements or more pictures. I posted a pic with my review, but I can take more.

ann

cchavez
06-11-2004, 08:56 PM
WEll, glad to hear it has expensive plastic! LOL that is funny but it makes sense to me.

measurements and more pics would be great!