PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding Table and Chairs for DS - UPDATE

August Mom
06-18-2004, 01:48 AM
I would like to get a table and chair set for DS for his birthday. All of the wood in our house is a cherry finish, but the tables I keep seeing are either natural or white. I don't want either. I would like it to match the other wood in my house, but I suppose also could be a color or off-white. Any ideas? Also, I was thinking of getting an E.G. table and chairs (which does have lots of color options), but my local store has been having problems getting items shipped in a timely manner. Does anyone have a favorite site to buy E.G. furniture from?

TIA

justlearning
06-19-2004, 12:02 AM
We bought DS a table and chair set from Oak Express for $40. It is unfinished wood, so you could stain it to match your furniture.

hwin708
06-22-2004, 02:14 AM
They carry an unfinished wood table and chairs set at my Michael's, as well as all other craft stores around me. Perhaps you could check those out.

August Mom
07-13-2004, 12:46 AM
I seriously thought about staining an unfinished table and chairs (which would probably have been the most economic alternative), but I wanted to pass along that I found a perfect finish match at a place called Amish Originals. There are a number of places (B&M and on-line) that offer Amish furniture. It's all solid wood and comes in both cherry and oak and a number of different stains. I think it will be very nice.

tippy
07-13-2004, 01:15 AM
Glad you found a match! Will it make it on time for the big day?

August Mom
07-13-2004, 09:19 AM
That's uncertain. If it comes in on the short end of the estimate, yes. But if it's on the long end of the estimate, no. DH basically was tired of me obsessing about the whole thing and said "order it." LOL So, I did. And, I'm sure there will be plenty of other things at DS's party if the table doesn't make it in time.